"Tell Me When To Go" at my High School's assembly

13»

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I know y'all aren't talkin' about "Blow The Whistle."

YES ! that song is corny as fuck Ross.......

yousendit is running slow or i'd post this trash

speaking of Tell me when to go......i'm watching the video now...great video..but it looks like a Hyphy commercial ....Hyphy for dummies.....Learn how to be Hyphy in 5 minutes.......i rest ...

• Hyphy for dummies

cease and desist!

• Then you really won't like the Slowed & Th'owed version of Tell Me When To Go.

• I know y'all aren't talkin' about "Blow The Whistle."

YES ! that song is corny as fuck Ross.......

yousendit is running slow or i'd post this trash

speaking of Tell me when to go......i'm watching the video now...great video..but it looks like a Hyphy commercial ....Hyphy for dummies.....Learn how to be Hyphy in 5 minutes.......i rest ...

Yeah man that shit sucks, only kids in Oakland and white hipsters elsewhere should be able to get hyphy.

Where's that rolleyes emoticon

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Bludzors, mf'in HAMMER was on Hot97 this morning explaining the hyphy movement. While I am happy to hear these words even mentioned on the radio out here could y'all send representatives with, er, less baggage next time?

I don't know if the world is ready to understand how connected to the streets the boy Hammer is...

If you're unsure if Hammer is qualified to discuss the hyphy movement, maybe you haven't seen his latest video. He's still got the moves.

Also, Hammer's blog contains some heartwarming moments mixed with unintentional hilarity. [color:white]And dude loves baseball, but for some reason is a Braves fan.[/color]

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Then you really won't like the Slowed & Th'owed version of Tell Me When To Go.

i like this, but in very small doses and in a safe environemnt - it is the musical version of robitussin, vodka and too much smoke.

• Y'all can make up your own minds on the Short Dog...

http://www.mp3.com/listening_room/&flag=5&l=t

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    yeah that definitely ain't no burn rubber...

I know I'm no bunny or borgnine but I'm pretty sure I'll be there on Friday "Ross Remixer."

P*t's right about "Tell Me When To Go" in SF. It ain't no Beckyfest. I had some girl last Thurs come up to me in the middle of it and say "This is just terrible." Usually I'm pretty polite but I gave her the and told her to fuck off.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I was pleased to see the video on BET last week, but like I said when it dropped- there is NO WAY "Tell Me When to Go" is going to become a crossover hit nationally... it does NOT have any of the qualities neccessry... except for a Lil Jon beat... but since its not obviously crunk and there isn't any 'yeahs' or 'okays' nobody knows its a Lil Jon beat so that aint' gonna do it either...

Right now whats successful is little no-nameass dudes imitating Jeezy and TI... thast all I fucking hear anymore on the radio....

• there is NO WAY "Tell Me When to Go" is going to become a crossover hit nationally

co-sign... i have tried to play this several times (in different enviroments) in raleigh now, and everybody hates it but me

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    there is NO WAY "Tell Me When to Go" is going to become a crossover hit nationally

co-sign... i have tried to play this several times (in different enviroments) in raleigh now, and everybody hates it but me

Hyphy gets SERIOUSLY hatted on round here... people think its a joke......

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I was pleased to see the video on BET last week, but like I said when it dropped- there is NO WAY "Tell Me When to Go" is going to become a crossover hit nationally...

I've seen the video played on MTV2 at random times as well as on the Sucker Free Sunday countdown. Last night I caught the video on Fuse. The other night I also caught for the first time the song being played on the radio locally (Austin, TX) although it was part of a nationally syndicated program hosted by Big Tigger (BET related).

Ross and Josh's Slump & Grind 2 cd's are displayed prominently at Waterloo Records (with a recommending description written by DJ Mel) and apparently they are selling like hotcakes.

Point being, momentum is still building...

there is NO WAY "Tell Me When to Go" is going to become a crossover hit

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Ghost bump the thread.

I was just re-watching the video for this and was feeling hella nostalgic for...2006?

Seriously, I still think this is incredible.

tell me when to go - E-40 ft Keak

• reskresk 391 Posts
    right after the principal gave out the Honor Roll awards, they started bumping this and all the kids got stupid, it was ridiculous

Seems kinda ironic they'd play a record about going dumb right after acknowledging the studious kids. Isn't that a mixed message?

teachers are clueless, they play Young Jeezy and "Kryptonite" everyday at lunch, no one knows what it means (besides me) and I've already done my part to ban Stop Snitching shirts, my crusade is over. Besides, I love E-40.

BAN stop snitching shirts? I can't agree with this one

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    right after the principal gave out the Honor Roll awards, they started bumping this and all the kids got stupid, it was ridiculous

Seems kinda ironic they'd play a record about going dumb right after acknowledging the studious kids. Isn't that a mixed message?

teachers are clueless, they play Young Jeezy and "Kryptonite" everyday at lunch, no one knows what it means (besides me) and I've already done my part to ban Stop Snitching shirts, my crusade is over. Besides, I love E-40.

BAN stop snitching shirts? I can't agree with this one

I was so wrong about "Blow the whistle"....Classic material.

Becky still rides for "Tell me when to go"

• Keak man. KEAK. what a waste. of the all the coulda beens of the hyphy "movement" his is the saddest case IMO.

• Followed, if not tied, by The Team.

Oli

I hear you about nostalgia for 2005/2006. Seems like eons ago.

Blow the Whistle can be played anywhere now. I play it for Becky but also Maria and Tina as well and it ALWAYS works.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I lived in the Bay until I turned 12. I'm glad my family moved. In my hood, I would have fallen victim to ghettofied fashion trends, which would not have suited my skin tone.

• please lets poast some pics of said ghetto fashions.

please lets poast some pics of said ghetto fashions.

Take that shit to PMs

Take that shit to PMs

let's just say they dressed like Bratz dolls

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I have been seeing a lot of Forever 21 shorties all over the muni.

I work near a lot of said shops, prada, etc, so it's inevitable.

Take that shit to PMs

But Bratz has hella dolls to match skin tones. They're like trampy, multi-culti Barbies

Take that shit to PMs

But Bratz has hella dolls to match skin tones. They're like trampy, multi-culti Barbies

trampi and multi-culti. you've summed it up better than I did.