ISO East of Underground LP info

2»

Comments

• Here's another interesting angle - the reissue/free download by newbies vs. the cat who spent 4 years and several hundred tracking down the un-re-ished OG. Generation Entitlement vs. Gen X. Discuss.

The curse/boon of technology. The fuel for your apt "Generation Entitlement".

• This album is being reissued in the not-too-distant future.

Can't wait. Hope they got access to the masters and mixed the vocals a little lower!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Here's another interesting angle - the reissue/free download by newbies vs. the cat who spent 4 years and several hundred tracking down the un-re-ished OG. Generation Entitlement vs. Gen X. Discuss.

did that guy spend all that time and money only to make sure the record stayed secret in his collection? I hope not. I would hope he would want to share it, or brag that he found it.

How do you think we all have the MP3s?!?!?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

this pic looks like one frame away from...
    Unfortunately the music isn't as good as she looks or the promising song titles might lead you to believe!

Those eyes are too scary.

Peace

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

that really was cruel putting the crosseyed dude in the front of the picture.

I'm digging the dude with the turkey baster afro in the back though

• Those are all covers of big soul hits from back in the day. Temptations, Sly Stone, etc. It's strange that you are first coming in contact with them via EOA.

nah i recognized alot of the songs on here but i was listening to to walk on by and java girl and i was curious to know who wrote these tracks..

hello??

Here's what I don't understand. You are relatively new to the board, probably a past lurker, and you take 12 whole minutes from your original post to start demanding ("hello??" is just fucking rude) answers/respect. To top it off, you come with little research done; there are more than half a million Google results for '"walk on by" +song', and the first entry lists "Burt Bacharach," plain as day. And you're not the only user who does this.
    Hey: I'm not pissed that younger cats don't automatically know the basics - it's not their fault that they weren't born in the middle of the 60s and are unfortunately cursed to hear the same two James Brown songs on the local whitey-based oldies radio station. Without a proper context, historical accounts get sketchy over the course of 30-40 years. But with a world of direct information a URL away, there's no excuse for this.

Look: www.allmusic.com is a pretty good internet site to get you started on the generally accepted basics of popular music history. That's where I went to (and sometimes still go) for discographies of the major artists. Just don't take their reviews for the gospel truth - dig the albums up yourself. Now get started.

Hey i wasnt being impatient i was just stating hello?? becus it was such common knowelage around here that i was fealt like the only one left out, ya kno what i mean

and thanks for the all music suggestion... i tried googling it but to not much avail so i came here to get an insight from some heads ...

thanks Bambouche for the pm with the info!!!
    http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=429417
    for anyone interested if not already posted

thanks again

• Here's another interesting angle - the reissue/free download by newbies vs. the cat who spent 4 years and several hundred tracking down the un-re-ished OG. Generation Entitlement vs. Gen X. Discuss.

did that guy spend all that time and money only to make sure the record stayed secret in his collection? I hope not. I would hope he would want to share it, or brag that he found it.

unfortunately i do not own this record and was graced to have seen it here... not a frequent lurker at all.. but ive been into to collecting records, funk music, hip hop and i knew this was a website where people came to talk about good music.. so i gess i just came at the right time becus, becus of that thread i now have become forever blessed with the obsession of hunting incredible music... so thanks
    i may b a newb but hay what a better time to b a newb then at the dawn of a birght digital future that make it that much easier to find incredible music...

thanks to the heads who took the time to bless us with seeking out some amazing stuff

sorry if i seem lame , im just chillin
    have a good nite everybody

• sorry if i seem lame , im just chillin

"i used to stick n move, now i just lounge n chill"

It's never lame to chill , keep on diggin' music in the digital world..

/L

• "Java Girl" is an Impressions tune.

If anyone can tell me what "Getting Over" is actually a cover of, I would be more than grateful.