GARY US BONDS

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
this dude kills it.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    this dude kills it.

Gary used to play once a month at a club I worked at in NY.....this was a few years before he hooked up with Springsteen......nicest guy you'll ever meet....he was impressed that a young kid like myself was familar with his early stuff and we always spent some time bullshitting after his set.....this was in the late 70's..... About 10 years ago my Mom went to see him at an outdoor show and caught him before the show and said hello for me....halfway through the show he calls out my Mom's name and dedicates a song to her....one of my musical heros for sure.

And he can still bring it!!!!

• Yes, yes, hell yes. In addition to his 60's classics like "Quarter To Three" and "Dear Lady Twist," he cut some killer soul singles later on that were produced by Swamp Dogg. I even like some of his 80's recordings, like "Out Of Work."

Saw him live, a year and a half ago. Sounded good, and he wound up the show by having the whole crowd chant "HOLY SHIT" on cue.

• i only have a few of the legrand 45s but every side of them things kill it. SUPERHYPHY

• "I Wanna Holla" is

• "im having so much fun is"