I think I might be getting ripped off (Paypal Rel)

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
So, I recently sold my broken MPC through another messageboard. Before sending it out, I tested it and everything was working besides the broken pads and the note variation slider which were both advertised as such. I received Paypal payment and sent out the MPC. Dude receives it and fires me off an email immediately saying that the main outs and the headphone out does not work. I know for a fact that they all work because I tested them before I sent it out but dude is threatening to do a reversal and all that bullshit. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to cover my ass at this point? This is one the last things I need to deal with right now.

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    tell him you'll refund his money when he returns the unit. that's a reasonable solution, hopefully it'll calm his 'reversal' trigger finger.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    tell him you'll refund his money when he returns the unit. that's a reasonable solution, hopefully it'll calm his 'reversal' trigger finger.

yup. Paypal will only give him a refund if he says he didn't receive it, which he obviously did. If he wants a refund through Paypal because it's broken he has to give them a tracking number showing that he sent it back to you. You should be OK.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I know for a fact that they all work because I tested them before I sent it out

What if they were damaged in transit?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Is Paypal more than likely going to take his side if a dispute arises from this?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Is Paypal more than likely going to take his side if a dispute arises from this?

pho sho

see: ravi padiyar

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

pho sho

see: ravi padiyar
    That shit almost ugly w/ PTQ.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

It's possible, but kinda unlikely. Another thing is, I forgot to declare an amount on the FedEx form (I know stupid me) and they only cover up to $100 without a declared amount. If we both agreed that it was damaged in shipping, would FedEx cover that?

• Tell him you'll send BJ Penn after him.

['Cause you don't wanna pay shipping on Cabbage Correira.]

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

It's possible, but kinda unlikely. Another thing is, I forgot to declare an amount on the FedEx form (I know stupid me) and they only cover up to $100 without a declared amount. If we both agreed that it was damaged in shipping, would FedEx cover that?

good luck ever getting any $$ from FedEx. Just ask the dude to send the shit back to you and give him a refund when you get it back.