christmas FINDS!!!

Comments

• wanna trade that tickled pink??
    what is the florida 45 underneath that?? funk or soul or swing or what??

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    wow, with the caliber of stuff in this thread so far im almost embarassed to post my 3 measly finds:

IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/xmaz.jpg>

• djrdjr 511 Posts

what is the florida 45 underneath that?? funk or soul or swing or what??

it's a mid-tempo soul tune.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

signed!

• yeah man...my jealous bells haven't rung so hard in a long time! that is a serious grab of 45s...and the other guy on the lp tip...that eugene blacknell shit signed...tickled pink...My jealous bells RING RING CLANG BANG!!!!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    A psych/prog orgy from Spain:

Goma "14 Abril"
    Gualberto "S/T"
    Gualberto "Vericuetos"
    CAI Sonido Andaluz "Mas alla de nuestras mentes diminutas"
    VA "El nacimiento del rock en Andalucia", double LP with songs from Smash, Gualberto, Nuevos Tiempos, Green Piano and Gong.

I had to left behind another 6 or so of these that were badly warped.

Me: I'll leave these, they are all warped
    Fleamarket dealer: yes, you know why? The hot sun
    Me: oh, you should try to cover your records with something
    Fleamarket dealer: , maybe I should

• Is that Goma as good as its cover?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Is that Goma as good as its cover?

It's a little bit on the prog side, but so far I like it. You can't go wrong with that cover, can you?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    My next fleamkt trip I'll be on the lookout for something to play these on.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    wow

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    wow
    eh, who knows?! If I found them on vinyl I'd be pissing in my pants right now.

i mean, those are amazing historical finds

just one yesterday while i was buying cd's for my parents christmas gifts. havent had a chance to hear it, because it seems as though my mixer as kicked the can. so tell me guys, is it good?
    got my new speakers hooked up and listened to this. must say, it's hella rad. is there other one with the black sheep sample like this one?

• TheMack,
    i really dig this LP...
    the other one (s/t) is a year earlier and a little more pomp with orchestrations and maybe even a kitchen sink or two...
    the family takes the cake for me though...
    these cats got their chops performing R&B, jazz, and soul on the montreal club circuit (backing singer trevor payne as the triangle) and a stint in the bahamas at a sea-side resort...
    if you're lucky (or got the loot), cop the riverson LP, which is brian edwards (singer) and rayburn blake (guitar) doing a west-coast folk-rock thing with vocalist franki hart (freedom north) and drummer graham lear (santana, gino vannelli). so dope (bar their shit cover of "elanor rigby)...
    lates
    *oh yeah, if you haven't already seen it, festival express DVD is an essential view and contains two live tracks from senecal, edwards, blake, and mercer...

wow! thanks for the mass amount of info mr. sipreano!

• ok, co-sign on this thraed being chock full of facemelters. good work! and now for
    my batch (which wasnt pulled on xmas exactly, but close enough):

that silvery record on the bottom row is perhaps the best record ive heard all year.

all kinds of shiz crossed off the ol' want list here. And 'The Cake' is the other
    best record ive heard all year. Every home should have one.

oh, the kpm (1st ive ever found in the field btw) is #1103 'Electromusic'.

happy holidayz to all strutters!

• any time, glad you copped it!
    the family is one of my all-time classics (peep my sole ISH for proof)...
    "come again", whut?

• nice haul, karlo...copped my own "Big Ben Strikes Again" this weekend. could listen to that old boy jorge for days.
    i got a couple little dude 12s and lps like free design-"kites are fun" sealed, district of columbia-"hail to the teeth" salsoul promo, gary numan-"are friends electric?" 12" promo w/ cover (never seen this one before, any 12" knowledge boxes know if its raer?)

last finds post i checked in with a modern soul gospel joint and sure enough dude was back this week with a grip more of the stuff. about 25 lps and maybe 10 more discs sans covers (weak).

a lot of jay caldwell (who i already have a few of but don't really know shit about), al green and teddy pendergrass christian joints, some philly locals like alston brothers and gospel soulettes. just starting to spin and nothing major so far. couple of the loose vinyls are savoys by some reverends. am pretty much clueless in this area.

take care all. happy new year

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This thread is off the chain.

If it were april one, I would be suspicious, cause heads are pulling heet!

I had too much Christmas stuff going on to hit any spots this weekend,

but a few jammies came in the mail on the timely arrival tip:

Bought a sealed copy of the Impressions to make sure I got the poster. Shit is raw.

Freddie North is an awesome find on the shhh level, got it on the Bay

and nobody else even bid on the shit - it will be up in Real Headz this week.

Got this one for $2 buy-it-now on eBay:

And, on the Christmas tip,

my sister has been hooking me up with dope 45 boxes like this for a few years now -

she hoooked it up today:

They are usually filled with 45's she grabs from yard sales - generally dupes or trashed or shitty records,

but once in a while she comes through nice with a burner:

oh, and I got a digi camera, too...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS YOU GUYS FOUND SOME CRAZY ASS RECORDS. SO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW....

• hey aleit is there any shot you could upload that earl moseley record ? I've been wanting to hear it for a while.

You guys are killing it.

dave

• damn - what a stash karlo!

i went to st louis for a couple of days. got to dig over at the infamous funkyou!'s house. here are a few finds:

can i borrow some $$$?

• can i get one of them lyn christophers???

that's what i'm askin!

guys stop now, between Aleit and Karl, ive pooped my pants many times over, all of you are absolutely killing it

• guys stop now, between Aleit and Karl, ive pooped my pants many times over, all of you are absolutely killing it

Wait until I get new batteries for my camera.

Oh shit.

salvation army is having a half off sale today so i stopped in, got these

Booker T-Green Onions(NM OG! wow, never though id find a clean copy of this in a thrift)
    Peter Sarstedt-as though it were a movie(this is excellent)
    some Klaus Wunderlich record with a cover of Shaft
    Vanilla Fudge-S/t
    Duke Jordan-two loves
    Frank Cunimondo-Communication(double)Carlso HOLLA!