Who invented snap/intimate club?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
From Notes From a Different Kitchen:
Ying Yang's "Wait (The Whisper Song)" -- possibly my favorite hip hop single of 2005 (year end lists coming soon-ish) -- and Dave Banner's "Play" were just the opening salvos in the Snap music movement. Mark my words, this sound is gonna run the clubs and sound systems in old school Chevy's down South all next Summer.

I'm sure Lil Jon is just waiting to see how long it'll take before Scott Storch bites this style too. And Smurf, you better watch your back as well cos there's probably a cute girl somewhere who could sing some sexy nothings over a "Snap&B" beat and ride it to the top of the pop charts.

The irony of course is that the roots of the Snap music phenomenon and Intimate Club music sound can be traced back to The Neptunes' production on Snoop's "Drop it Like Itz Hot."[/b] Will Virgina Beach ever get it's real props? I mean even Houston is getting media love and attention now.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    is it possible to blog something into existence if enough people read and believe it?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    is it possible to blog something into existence if enough people read and believe it?

Probably.

• nessness 249 Posts

Probably.

eh y'all dudes think too much about shit.

DJ Smurf let that dude have his props. Cuz when he's been in the game. Since before y'all was overanalyzing every fucking thing.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Probably.

eh y'all dudes think too much about shit.

DJ Smurf let that dude have his props. Cuz when he's been in the game. Since before y'all was overanalyzing every fucking thing.

the strut clearly needs you!

• nessness 249 Posts
    I'm saying respect dude to O-Dub for his documentation of Bay Area Philipino Scratch DJ's... but dude this kinda shit ain't standing up to academic rigor nawmean?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    the Snap music phenomenon and Intimate Club music sound

aah, I'm gettin old...that's what they call it now? Is there non-intimate Clubmusic?

"Drop it like it's hot"

What about "Grindin'"? Especially in terms of intimacy ...

I'm saying respect dude to O-Dub for his documentation of Bay Area Philipino Scratch DJ's... but dude this kinda shit ain't standing up to academic rigor nawmean?

You realize Ness: it's not my theory.

And it's "Filipino" or "Pilipino" but never "Philipino".

And my research isn't about scratch DJs per se. It's more about crews like this.

• nessness 249 Posts
    And my research isn't about scratch DJs per se. It's more about crews like this.

yessir it was a friendly ribbing. thanks.

take it easy professor.

yessir it was a friendly ribbing. thanks.

take it easy professor.

Yeah man, I know. It's all love dude. I was ribbing back.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    From Notes From a Different Kitchen:

Ying Yang's "Wait (The Whisper Song)" -- possibly my favorite hip hop single of 2005 (year end lists coming soon-ish) -- and Dave Banner's "Play" were just the opening salvos in the Snap music movement. Mark my words, this sound is gonna run the clubs and sound systems in old school Chevy's down South all next Summer.

I'm sure Lil Jon is just waiting to see how long it'll take before Scott Storch bites this style too. And Smurf, you better watch your back as well cos there's probably a cute girl somewhere who could sing some sexy nothings over a "Snap&B" beat and ride it to the top of the pop charts.

The irony of course is that the roots of the Snap music phenomenon and Intimate Club music sound can be traced back to The Neptunes' production on Snoop's "Drop it Like Itz Hot."[/b] Will Virgina Beach ever get it's real props? I mean even Houston is getting media love and attention now.

Plaes to see Roscoe P. Coldchain.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

I mean even Houston is getting media love and attention now.

For the record, this line offends me.

• nessness 249 Posts

like houston ain't never had nothing good come out of it. dude.

it's funny. it's like because hip hop is now at the forefront of pop, history starts over at Biggie and Pac. if your gonna try and be a rap scholar your analysis should make dude's holler.

it's funny. it's like because hip hop is now at the forefront of pop, history starts over at Biggie and Pac. if your gonna try and be a rap scholar your analysis should make dude's holler.

Blogs are dangerous nowadays. Lesser knowledgeable people are quoting these shits around the internets and whatnot.

Right here, this dude deleted all the history of my town in one line basically.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

tell them dudes in 5th ward...

Biz Markie once said: "everybody has their own Old School"

btw...that new biggie record is

• If people really wanna see "intimate club" as a genre, then The Team's "It's Gettin' Hot" set that off a full year before "The Whisper Song."

But really, wasn't Busta whispering about 10 years ago?

And what of Twista's "Hit The Floor," basically the intimate club of Banner's "Play" but sped up about 15 bpm and with non-whispered vocals?

And why am I still typing?

• nessness 249 Posts
    Biz Markie once said: "everybody has their own Old School"

yeah that's true but if you're on some I have a blog I'm so erudite business... it's kinda irresponsible to just be talking to be talking. I mean have a degree of you know basic knowledge and shit before you start rewriting history to fir your little point.

this dude's point apparently being that Virginia Beach is the center of the universe.

WHERE'S THE NEW CLIPSE RECORD THEN???

Intimate club is way older than 10 years, folks. They just called that shit "Hot Tub".

• nessness 249 Posts
    "Hot Tub".
    LEMME SEE YOUR HOT TUB? GET YOUR OWN HOT TUB!!!

Intimate club is way older than 10 years, folks. They just called that shit "Hot Tub".

Even if that's the case, does that fact suggest that people are stealing VA beach's style?

That would be on some Archaic shit if so...

Even if that's the case, does that fact suggest that people are stealing VA beach's style?

I have no comment on that. I only wish I was in a hot tub right now. I will be the first to admit that I am in no position to discuss VA beach--I've only been to North Ave. beach, and Lake Michigan is cold as hell.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

I have no comment on that. I only wish I was in a hot tub right now. I will be the first to admit that I am in no position to discuss VA beach--I've only been to North Ave. beach, and Lake Michigan is cold as hell.

ha! that raisin pic is killin it right now.

i can't even snap my fingers, they say it's in your genes.

• I mean even Houston is getting media love and attention now.

Yeah, like the midget from Geto Boys who got stabbed in the eye.

Buuuut that's about it.

• nessness 249 Posts
    Buuuut that's about it.

GRAFWRITAH HAS A BLOG FOR SURE.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

WHERE'S THE NEW CLIPSE RECORD THEN???

Buuuut that's about it.

GRAFWRITAH HAS A BLOG FOR SURE.

this is like the new diss.

[color:purple]"pffft. don't listen to that dude. i heard he has a blog." [/color]

Buuuut that's about it.

get your shit straight, lil homie.. He shot himself (with assistance) in the eye.

"Why did you shoot me in the eye? I would have shot you in de bah-deee."

and oh yeah, aren't you from Canada? Isn't your main entertainment export very suburb friendly comedians?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Buuuut that's about it.

get your shit straight, lil homie.. He shot himself (with assistance) in the eye.

and oh yeah, aren't you from Canada? Isn't your main entertainment export very suburb friendly comedians?

lol - if you think jim carrey is all we got to offer for kicks you obviously do not smoke dope or engage in group sex.

Buuuut that's about it.

lol - if you think jim carrey is all we got to offer for kicks you obviously do not smoke dope or engage in group sex.

I know you got more to offer than that, but damn... tiny man tried to shit on my town.

I'm guessing the group sex link is NSFW, so I'll pass on that (until I get home).