styles of beyond gonna blow up finally?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
just saw the hommies on carson daly with fort minor. good guys hope this leads to big things for them. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• I was just watching them on some random European hip-hop vid, "Paint The Town Blue?" Funny stuff. Now that I think of it, youngEINSTEIN was on that vid as well wasn't he?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    fort minor

The fact that Jay-Z co-signed on this. The biggest WTF of the year...

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    fort minor

what is it?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    fort minor

what is it?
    Fort Minor is a rap record with Mike Shinoda on raps and production; Shawn Carter is executive producer.

I still buy rap without knowing a whole lot about the artist (woe is me). I thought it was a crew project, but it's basically Shinoda and the cats from Styles of Beyond. Cheapshot contributes no beats, just some barely audible cuts on one song. The shit sounds like "my first rap record" using rudimentary tools and hip-hop music knowledge.
    It's basically Shinoda's solo record with help from more talented friends.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    im assuming Shinoda is the one who is disliked?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    im assuming Shinoda is the one who is disliked?
    I only bought it because FYE had a $5 rebate on it, so I thought I was getting a bargain.

Yeah, no... it should have been a $15 rebate. That shit is

Surprisingly, the best song is a Shinoda solo, but it's a club track and it's bang quite nicely. It seems like he took some coaching from JiggaMan on it.

• I thought Fort Minor was aight. I'm not a huge fan of Shinoda but it was cool.

Styles of Beyond is the shit. At least now when their album comes out they'll have good money supporting them this time, so that will be ill. I think they deserve to blow up, sooooo underrated.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    fort minor

Well, Jigga realizes there's money to be made from Shinoda's market. But yeah, the music is pretty much craptacular.

• this sounds like a project Noz would ride for. I know he's into shit like this.

• just saw the hommies on carson daly with fort minor. good guys hope this leads to big things for them. peace, stein. . .

I have always checked for the SOB guys. Loved their first album- second album had some dope dope cuts, but it seems like they went a little bit too G and thuig- didn't quite seem like it was them and was forced.
    They signed with linkin Park's label- Machine Shop Recordings. They have been homies with some of the guys from LP for a long time. Shinoda and Joe Hahn get credits for some of the art work and design on 2000 fold. i would hate to see shinodas fingerprints all over their project which i am sure will happen. dudes were dope when they were kicking it with divine styler. he is so dope to me. anyoen know what happened to dude. been off the scene for a bit.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    this sounds like a project Noz would ride for. I know he's into shit like this.

Dude, YP you're turning into the Mini Me to Faux's Fauxstin Powerz, LOLOLOL!!!!

• they show SOB videos at Metro Park.

CHECK YOUR PM'S!

• this sounds like a project Noz would ride for. I know he's into shit like this.

Dude, YP you're turning into the Mini Me to Faux's Fauxstin Powerz, LOLOLOL!!!!

Man that's ironic. You're the Mini-me to whatever Diplo does.

nice reply on the PM, btw.

RADICAL SO CAL JAWNISM BRA!

• I was just watching them on some random European hip-hop vid, "Paint The Town Blue?" Funny stuff. Now that I think of it, youngEINSTEIN was on that vid as well wasn't he?

Why do i post here? I was thinking of Swollen Members. Whatever. Whoever, do your thing. Huh?