How can the ACLU approve of this?

13»

Comments

• *Picture posted in full expectation of Ted Kennedy picture posted in return...

An 88 I believe.

• politicians=100% evil

• politicians=100% evil

politicians=100% evil

politicians=100% evil

politicians=100% evil

politicians=100% evil

politicians=100% evil

• politicians=100% evil

i would distinguish between career politicians and public servants.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    politicians=100% evil

or dead. or both.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    On the other hand a parent should have the right to know if their child is pregnant.

I belive that all parents should have the type of a relationship with their children that would encourage the children to confide in the parent.

I don't belive that the goverment can force that type of relationship on a family.

Dan

Word up. And I agree with Arcadian that the parental notifiation ballot measure that just came up in CA was a tough one to call. On the surface, I don't see much wrong with parents being informed that their daughter is about to have an abortion--especially when the provision was put in that said it's only notification and that parental consent is not required. But you can't take these things merely on the surface; the measure was introduced by people who want to make abortion illegal, so it was hard not to see it as another attempt to chip away at abortion.

Most anti-choice crusaders have refocused their efforts away from directly overturning Roe v. Wade and toward putting the abortion issue into a smaller and smaller box until eventually it's still technically legal, but the amount of hurdles and hoops and red tape and crap a woman would have to go through to get one makes it pragmatically outlawed. This has already more or less happened in Mississippi.

• On the other hand a parent should have the right to know if their child is pregnant.

I belive that all parents should have the type of a relationship with their children that would encourage the children to confide in the parent.

I don't belive that the goverment can force that type of relationship on a family.

Dan

Word up. And I agree with Arcadian that the parental notifiation ballot measure that just came up in CA was a tough one to call. On the surface, I don't see much wrong with parents being informed that their daughter is about to have an abortion--especially when the provision was put in that said it's only notification and that parental consent is not required. But you can't take these things merely on the surface; the measure was introduced by people who want to make abortion illegal, so it was hard not to see it as another attempt to chip away at abortion.

Most anti-choice crusaders have refocused their efforts away from directly overturning Roe v. Wade and toward putting the abortion issue into a smaller and smaller box until eventually it's still technically legal, but the amount of hurdles and hoops and red tape and crap a woman would have to go through to get one makes it pragmatically outlawed. This has already more or less happened in Mississippi.

But its sure okay for them to relieve them of that relationship.

On the other hand a parent should have the right to know if their child is pregnant.

Dan

But its sure okay for them to relieve them of that relationship.

For who to relieve who of what relationship?

• On the other hand a parent should have the right to know if their child is pregnant.

Dan

Dan

The government isn't relieving anybody of any relationship. Unless you count gays--who, by the way, have fewer abortions than anybody.

Dan

The government isn't relieving anybody of any relationship. Unless you count gays--who, by the way, have fewer abortions than anybody.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Oh, for the days of Vitamin - an actual NeoCon who knew how to think and debate. If you aren't an alias, you are apparently an 18-year-old question-dodger who listens to Rush Limbaugh and masturbates to Ann Coulter's Time magazine cover.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Oh, for the days of Vitamin - an actual NeoCon who knew how to think and debate. If you aren't an alias, you are apparently an 18-year-old question-dodger who listens to Rush Limbaugh and masturbates to Ann Coulter's Time magazine cover.

naah, it's just SABADABADA!!!!

http://www.sabadabada.com/

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I've liked the site for a while now. Just didn't put 8x5+4 together.

Some cats should echew political discourse in favor of their hobbies.

• neVER!!!!!!!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Damn, Sabadabada, thats a nice site. I didn't even know about it. Thanks.

By the way, my math is worse than you think. Should have been (9x5)+4.

Well, it's off to bed for me.

Dan