6666 - MARK OF THE BREAST - MAN MAKING HIMSELF MOD

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
HI, THIS IS AN EPIC NUMBERhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast_%28numerology%29HIGHLY IMPERFECT

Comments

• "Ill trade two murals for some of that azz"

• i heard she been givin that shit up to ALL them grafitti guys...

• zing!

• i'm not attacking anyone here but...

i always heard that bit that the beastie boys used on their album was about lady pink. sayin she used to sleep with dudes so they would write her name for her. i've never met her or seen her paint in person but from the interviews i have read and flix i have seen she is the real deal.

let me just say...

ill trade two of these asses for some of this mural.

• I think Pink is alright, the quote was kind of a joke tho. I'd pass on that one...

It looks like someone has been looking at a little too much Sao Paolo flicks... and missing the mark a bit... but maybe thats just me. I still like really rock solid letter shit... I always throught Pink was dope until just recently, when looking back at all these old flicks and stuff, about 1/2 of it falls by the wayside. But then again, I am a graff snob. Ill take one Dream over five Pinks. ps: I used to be into this stuff quite a bit...

• like i said before i wasn't comin at you or prestige. just at that quote in general.

now to the graff...

im no snob, no legend, nobody in the scene. not really trying to be either. just doing my own thing. i'm not in it to prove how hard i am or go allcity. im still into this stuff and miss belmont terribly. i love that graffiti is constantly evolving. i love the influence eastern europe and south america have had on graffiti. graffiti was a different animal then than it is now. people back then were inventing the things that we now take for granted. just like the rest of the creative world some of that stuff still stands up now, and other parts seems primitive. i would say that every og painter has stuff that falls by the wayside. but like revok says in style wars the early years were very important, without those who came before us we would never be doing what we are doing. i can appreciate a clean letter style with a dope fill, but i also love to see letters turning into more than letters. what was once considered background becoming the foreground. i think it???s great to see og writers still doing their thing, whether they have stuck to their old styles or evolved into new ones and im not gonna compare one to another because honestly i don???t measure up to either. that said i would take one dream or pink over a thousand caps, but not based on style or skills just based on their mentality.

• No worries man, I didn't take it as personal, just saying what I think, which 2 out of 5 times is of entertaining hypocrisy! haha!

• HI, THIS IS AN EPIC NUMBER

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia

• Hey dood...
    Yeah, I lived out there for a minute, but was doing it illegal... Im from Canada... bounced around doing music shit. But I was quite active when I was out there, painted a lot with Beats in and around Fruitvale Yards and some of the spots up north, but yeah, mostly freights....
    Silver

• I was out there in the fall of 1999... for about 5 months.living at 58th and innernational.... Saw a lot of kids out there... a lot of middle school Oakland stuff was still intact, which I was psyched on. Im down for flicks... Pm me.