prank calls

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Well, caller i.d. kinda ruined it but before that, what's some good prank calls ya'll used to do?

Comments

• call someone named "Lipshitz" and ask if "you're lipshitz does your ass talk"

and the one where you tell them not to answer the phne because you're the phone company and working on the phone lines, and then call back and if they answer you scream into the phone like you're being electrocuted

sheer hilarity

• Well, caller i.d. kinda ruined it but before that, what's some good prank calls ya'll used to do?

• is your refrigerator running - better go catch it

do you have prince albert in a can - better let him out

call the bowling alley and ask if they have 10 pound balls

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    We used to do this long drawn out prank in 7th grade. We'd call somebody random impersonating as if we worked at a pizza joint. We'd make up a pop quiz question, like how many pieces of pepperoni is on a large domino's pizza? Then whatever they guessed, you'd say, wow you guessed correct. Then you'd tell em they won a free large pizza and a 2 liter of pop. After that you'd get there address. Hang up, then order a pizza to their house. Looking back thats more mean then funny.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    back in the day me and this one freiend used to call folks and see how long we can keep them on the phone before they hung up

My favorite call went something like this...

me: Hello make I speak to the head of the house

XX: this is her

me: Hi I'm Jospeh Bubble. I work for Bubblecorp. We make bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles & bubbles

and then they would hang up

how bout party line aka 3 way calling stories...

• Before the days of Jerky Boys - we used to kill shit. Made the lady at Taco Bell cry and got free meals for about 4 months. No Joke. If I can upload it - I will.

yes! plaese to post

• Well, caller i.d. kinda ruined it but before that, what's some good prank calls ya'll used to do?

I wonder what caller ID says when you use Skype out. The doors may be open for some new fun which could easily be recorded with Audio Hyjack.

I wonder.

• Not so much a prank call as a prank order, but...

In high school we used to take a Dr. Sample SP-202 dealie in the car and hook the headphone out to a tape adapter into the car stereo. 'sample' our order, crank the speakers and drive up to the intercom.

Ring-Mod was always a favorite.
    "Bu-buh-buh- big BIG BIG BIG MA BIG MA BIG MAC"

then add tons of echo, etc.
    time-stretched requests for Coca-cola.

try it out!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    my friend chris, aka c-section, called up babu circa '98... here's the recording:

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=045BWINHYK3KP3K0X1RHWXLXAH

big shot out to game-lo in the background

to fill in the story... i was at fat beats, back when it was it still on vermont in la, i was going through some records and came across a phone book in the back of a crate. i flipped through the book, saw babu's name, pocketed the thing, and jetted. we also made calls to dj numark, siah, and some other people listed in the book.

• oh god. i'm guilty. i'd like to take this opportunity to publicly appologise to all the poor people i took advantage of for my personal amusement. sincerly sorry. peace, stein. . .

• used to call up pet stores and start barking. was real young at the time.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    oh man, my friend chuck has a boatload of crank calls taped. Here are a couple.....

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0F0H7INFI8NSL33AQBN2B9CL27

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=15D4KBHWNZKX52I7Q1X4VUR0MU

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yes! plaese to post

Plaese to post your own, Mole. Shit is fany.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I like phoning hardware stores and asking questions about chainsaw's like:

"Can this saw cut through human bone?"

"How much noise will it make going to a lower model (I'm working a residential area late at night)?"

Until they get very weirded out and get their managers on the line.

• I literally have hours of prank calls recorded from 6th to 10th grade . Plaese to hear sample:

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1AN1G99C1RZIC24BY8AQVRBD5E

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18INGXEXS0CNK36LF0DLC0BV9I

wish i still had all the tapes...we lost a lot of the later ones. fun for days!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    Not so much a prank call as a prank order, but...

In high school we used to take a Dr. Sample SP-202 dealie in the car and hook the headphone out to a tape adapter into the car stereo. 'sample' our order, crank the speakers and drive up to the intercom.

Ring-Mod was always a favorite.
    "Bu-buh-buh- big BIG BIG BIG MA BIG MA BIG MAC"

then add tons of echo, etc.
    time-stretched requests for Coca-cola.

try it out!

haahahahha

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    "faggot is for boys and i'm not a boy so you must be talking about yourself"

• YES! shit is classic.
    "do you have a digital skillet?"
    "i need to get a shot of brushotti."
    "do you have leprechaun julius?"

so fucking bizarre.

i know someone on here must have some mr. dibbs prank call tapes. (cough *cas* cough) pleasy upload.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    How would you like the Centipedes hurled at YOUR HEAD?!?!?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    my friend chris, aka c-section, called up babu circa '98... here's the recording:
    http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=045BWINHYK3KP3K0X1RHWXLXAH

babu prank call [/b] - this is being underappreciated