My 1 sample faq question of the decade

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
So, anyone know which version of "A Time To Love - A Time To Cry" Dre used for "Phone Tap"? Or was it just replayed?

Comments

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    replayed. i got the og 45.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

Thread over.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i thought it was "petite fleur" by the chris barber jazz band.......i just pulled out the 45 and it's def. where dre got it from,he replayed it.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Thread over.

And I don't think he properly used up his sample czech credit. Hmm, what can we do with this thread... anyone for Tetris?

• i thought it was "petite fleur" by the chris barber jazz band.......i just pulled out the 45 and it's def. where dre got it from,he replayed it.

OK... the version I have of the first song mentioned in the post says "Petit Fleur" in parentheses... same song.... so which version is it?!!??!?!?!?

• speaking of "phone tap", i met this dude named flossy p at a studio in north hollywood in '97. if anyone remembers, he was a part of dre's original aftermath in-house production team. anyway, that beat came up in the convo, and he swore up and down that he was the one who produced it, and dre just took the credit. also, the homie asked him about the sample, and he said he'd drop a grand right now if anyone in the room could call the name of the original joint. unfortunately, at the time i didn't know...