del taco VS. taco bell

2»

Comments

• why would a California resident go to a place such as Del Taco or Taco Bell when they have such bomb ass burrito spots and taco trucks?

u cant get that shit in NY

all we have is Taco Bell and its cool for a week haha
    yep. this go's without saying. we gots the bomb mexican spots here. but if i said casa sanchez, supermex, los portales, los toltecas, benitos, taco beach, all have good burritos nobody would know what i was tlking about. peace, stein. . .

• different benefits to each.

the bell: "mexican pizza" (hold the 'meat' please) and 7 layer burrito.

del tha funkee homomexican: they have FRIES! and the hot sauce is called "del scorcho" heh heh

both have 24 hour drive thrus that have saved my ass many times. nothing like the Del at SMB and Highland for some...interesting people watching at 3 AM.

but yes, if youre in SoCal, you have way better options. the place way down SMB ('super burrito'? i cant remember, like SMB and western??), and skip the baja fresh, hit up Poquito Mas!

but when in upstate NY, go for a decidedly non-mexican take on mexican, thats crack-like addictive nonetheless: Mighty Taco!

• Whoa whoa.....

No offense but L.A. is mostly straight wack for Mexican food!
    San Diego is the shit but I still go to Taco bell at 3am sometimes.

L.A. was the first time I ever saw a "B" rating in the window at a mex joint.
    A "B" rating will get you closed here in SD. That shit is unheard of. I still remember the place too. Right near the old capitol building. Weak ass fake guacamole.

The closer to the border the better.

Hit me up if ever in SD. I will show you mad carne asada and record spots south of the border (if your not scared).

• Whoa whoa.....

San Diego is the shit

dunno about the LA is wack theory, but i will def agree SD kills it for great mexican food. my overall #1 fave mexican place is El Cuervo in SD, hands down!

• Personally Mexican food ain't my shit. Never really was my thing much except good ole tacos of course.

All about Salvadorian food. PUPUSAS anyday.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    why would a California resident go to a place such as Del Taco or Taco Bell when they have such bomb ass burrito spots and taco trucks?

u cant get that shit in NY

all we have is Taco Bell and its cool for a week haha

because they have stuff like "3 tacos for a dollar on tuesdays"...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Whoa whoa.....

San Diego is the shit

dunno about the LA is wack theory, but i will def agree SD kills it for great mexican food. my overall #1 fave mexican place is El Cuervo in SD, hands down!

i always got El PAstor at El Cuervo, but if i was going to get chicken, went accross the street to La Posta...