fuck this shit... (impulse! related)

2»

Comments

• I could care less. I'd rather listen to real jazz originals than weak remixes but that's just me. I'm sure they appreciate the free ad 3rdstream.

• I could care less. I'd rather listen to real jazz originals than weak remixes but that's just me. I'm sure they appreciate the free ad 3rdstream.

• I could care less. I'd rather listen to real jazz originals than weak remixes but that's just me. I'm sure they appreciate the free ad 3rdstream. [/b]

Oh no, never that.

• I could care less. I'd rather listen to real jazz originals than weak remixes but that's just me. I'm sure they appreciate the free ad 3rdstream. [/b]

Oh no, never that.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    "A Krunk Supreme"

I'd buy that

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    yo this is weak...

please make them stop this kinda shit

I don't see these as bad, or compromising to the original works. Purists won't buy them, but a bunch of kids will. Then, they might -- just maybe -- look into the original recordings. For that, I'd say, it's worth it. I am sure a lot of the still-living artists would say the same thing too. Sure most of these compilations are horrible, but for the record companies it's a necessary evil.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Haven't heard this one yet, but have scooped up or at least listened to the ones mentioned in this thread and a few others. Both Blue Note ones were weak (yes the madlib one too). There were a couple tracks that were on point and beyond that I sent that shit right back to the store from where I got them from... Same goes for the Verve one's and Atlantiquity one... This shit is getting weaker with each release, my favorite one is the Motown one - hands down. Not to mention everyone uses the same dudes - how many Vikter Duplaix remixes can I hear.... Dude has got some tracks I like but still. They need to step it up (or stope) but if they continue at least add some other heads to the project.