Mike the Censations

jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I am trying to collect all of their 45's on the Revue and Highland labels, so far this is what I got. Am I missing anything?Highland 1175 - Mike & the Censations - Victim Of Circumstance Pt. 1/ Victim Of Circumstance Pt. 2 (instrumental)Highland 1181 - Mike & the Censations - Don't Mess With Me/There's Nothing I Can Do About ItHighland 1186 - Mike & the Censations - I Need Your Lovin'/Be Mine ForeverHighland 1189 - Mike & The Censations - Don't Sell Your Soul/Baby What You Gonna DoRevue 11041 ??? Mike & The Censations ??? Split Personality / You???re Living A LieRevue 11056 ??? Mike & The Censations ??? Shopping For Love / The Straw (That Broke The Camel???s Back)Revue 11068 ??? Mike & The Censations ??? Gonna Try To Get You Back / A Man Ain???t Nothing??? But A Man

Comments

• Options
    Mike is Mike James Kirkland just in case any of you little dudes didn't know that.

K in Canada.

• Add:

"Don't Sell Your Soul/ Inst." (Highland 1190)

"Baby What???re You Gonna Do/ I Need Your Lovin" (Highland 1203)

There are also these records:

New Censation "I???ve Got Nothin??? But Time/ Come Down To Earth" (Pride 406)

New Censation "First Round Knockout/ I Was Made For You" (Pride 7600)

New Censation "Let's Get Back Together/ Same" (Pride 7603)

Same group, different name. The New Censation also have an LP on the label.

Michael James Kirkland also recorded as Bo Kirkland with common 45s on the Claridge label.

• Thanks for the info ya'll. The "New Censations" lp looks very interesting, I assume this was done after his 2 lps on the Bryan Label.

• Thanks for the info ya'll. The "New Censations" lp looks very interesting, I assume this was done after his 2 lps on the Bryan Label.

Is that a foreign issue? I'm used to seeing that LP with a white cover.

Wasn't there also a "Prophet" 45 on Zay?

Bryan was originally owned by Mike's brother, who claims he sold the label before it issued the "Liahleh" OST.

Random factoid: Mike's brother used to play golf with Beni B's father.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    How is that LP or is it the same as the white?

I just copped one of their (New Censations) LP's on Pride records that had an all white cover. I think it was produced by Van McCoy. It is having some moments right now