A message from the other side (Archaic related)

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Archaic wanted me to share the following interview he did with producer Carnival Beats with you little dudes:http://www.ozonemag.com/current/600/B-72-12.jpgHe would also like Young Phonics to know that he needs to get out more if he truly thinks Bun B isn't all that popular or important.

Comments

• Archaic wanted me to share the following interview he did with producer Carnival Beats with you little dudes:

http://www.ozonemag.com/current/600/B-72-12.jpg

He would also like Young Phonics to know that he needs to get out more if he truly thinks Bun B isn't all that popular or important.

so it begins

My view is from a dude who listens to a lot of radio,occasionally tuns on BET/MTV, and lives in the Bay Area[/b]. Bun ain't really visible. I would say Young Jeezy is more relevant, they run like 3-4 songs by dude all day and I see tons of young kids rocking the snow man shirt.

Archie lives in TX so of course Bun B is "important" just like Keek is important to the Bay.

IMO

From what I've heard from Bun, dude is sick. Way tighter than Young Jeezy.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Jeezy's on like a G-Unit level of media saturation though at this point so thats not really a fair comparison...

• Archie lives in TX so of course Bun B is "important" just like Keek is important to the Bay.

You bite your fucking tongue. Young 'Chid "lives" wherever he rests his fitted.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Archaic wanted me to share the following interview he did with producer Carnival Beats with you little dudes:

He would also like Young Phonics to know that he needs to get out more if he truly thinks Bun B isn't all that popular or important.

so it begins

My view is from a dude who listens to a lot of radio,occasionally tuns on BET/MTV, and lives in the Bay Area[/b]. Bun ain't really visible. I would say Young Jeezy is more relevant, they run like 3-4 songs by dude all day and I see tons of young kids rocking the snow man shirt.

Archie lives in TX so of course Bun B is "important" just like Keek is important to the Bay.

IMO

Bun B is important to all of Southern hip-hop though while Keak is only important to one urban region. Furthermore, Bun B isn't just a momentary flicker on the radar--dude is a fulfledged legend; a "rap father" if you will.

-e

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Archaic wanted me to share the following interview he did with producer Carnival Beats with you little dudes:

so it begins

Sort of, but more like: 40 in the Bay = Bun B in the whole South

He is one of the progenitors

• word. if dude got a real push he'll big fucking huge.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You bite your fucking tongue. Young 'Chid "lives" wherever he rests his fitted green eyeshade.

• Archaic wanted me to share the following interview he did with producer Carnival Beats with you little dudes:

so it begins

IMO

Bun B is important to all of Southern hip-hop though while Keak is only important to one urban region. Furthermore, Bun B isn't just a momentary flicker on the radar--dude is a fulfledged legend; a "rap father" if you will.

-e

Emil, I know you don't really care for the Bay shit but you should know that Keak is more than a "momentary flicker on the radar"... dude has been around for mad years, and the 3xCrazy stuff is considered classic out there.

so it begins

IMO

-e

I don't know man, people are really riding for Keak like he's "the next one". Super Hyphy has probally been one of the biggest New Bay tracks so far. I don't know many "blimps" that can even get play on the "semi-urban" bullshit stations that would run Gwen Stefani and BEP.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Jeezy's on like a G-Unit level of media saturation though at this point so thats not really a fair comparison...

I know, and it's really annoying. Perhaps I am the lone dissenter on this board (though I hope not), but I think Jeezy sucks.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

Emil, I know you don't really care for the Bay shit but you should know that Keak is more than a "momentary flicker on the radar"... dude has been around for mad years, and the 3xCrazy stuff is considered classic out there.

Word? I thought he was just new(er) hype shit. My bad. I think faux's analogy of E-40 still works better though, no?

-e

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    By the way, it's "E**l" thank you very much!

-e

• E**l, I know you don't really care for the Bay shit but you should know that Keak is more than a "momentary flicker on the radar"... dude has been around for mad years, and the 3xCrazy stuff is considered classic out there.

Word? I thought he was just new(er) hype shit. My bad. I think faux's analogy of E-40 still works better though, no?

-e

Yeah, that analogy absolutely works better. Keak's def been around a while though.

• I think Jeezy sucks.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts

I know, and it's really annoying. Perhaps I am the lone dissenter on this board (though I hope not), but I think Jeezy sucks.

You're not alone.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

You're not alone.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think Jeezy sucks.

Then again, I'm not 15 years old.