Mountain Brothers (MBs for short)

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Chops does a lot of production on Southern mixtapes with DJ Lt. Dan. Not sure about the other dudes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Chops does a lot of production on Southern mixtapes with DJ Lt. Dan. Not sure about the other dudes.

He has a rhyme on one of Rapid Ric's tapes, something like: "My pops used to work at Texas Instruments/Now Chops is in Texas producing and playing instruments"

My ears bled...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Haha, that's bad... WOW.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Haha, that's bad... WOW.

LOL

• I heard one of the rappers quit when he became a doctor or something. That was a couple of years ago though.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    DESTINED FOR RANDOM RAP GREATNESS![/b]

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    DESTINED FOR RANDOM RAP GREATNESS![/b]

Along with 99% of Conshohocken Studio 4.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    One goes this way, one goes that way...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

That is the correct answer, along with "One goes east, the other goes west" and "He's got a beautiful head of hair."

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    "He's got a beautiful head of hair."

"Reminds me of someone we know, right?"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "He's got a beautiful head of hair."

"Reminds me of someone we know, right?"

"Without the beard. It's him.

It's him."

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    they were good folks when i knew them...

what was the black ladys name that used to manage them? skinny woman... shit... brain is bad.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Definitely good peoples. Chops is a musical genuis.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The group broke up a couple of years back, mostly because the other two members: Styles and Peril-L decided to pursue other career options. One, I'm pretty sure, is a doctor now (so Chinese, for real) and the other, I think, might have gone into biochemistry.

Chops is still doing this thing...he lives in South Jersey now with his wife, has a cool home studio built in his basement and he's hustling beat gigs as best he can.

And he is seriously one of the most down-to-earth nice dudes you'll ever meet.

Chops is still doing this thing...he lives in South Jersey now with his wife, has a cool home studio built in his basement and he's hustling beat gigs as best he can.

He is in Texas playing instruments.

• Hip hop doesn???t come much better than the MB???s ???Galaxies???.
    Their first album was well good but I felt somewhat let down by the sophomore effort.
    And as for Chop???s solo outing I enjoyed it for about a day and that was it.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    The group broke up a couple of years back, mostly because the other two members: Styles and Peril-L decided to pursue other career options. One, I'm pretty sure, is a doctor now (so Chinese Asian, for real) and the other, I think, might have gone into biochemistry.

It's Styles who's the physician - when I spoke to Chops last a couple years back, Styles was still @ Temple U's medical school...

Concurrr...

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    Hip hop doesn???t come much better than the Chop's remix of Z-Ro, Devin, and Juvie's "The Mule".

true story.

yo dog, it's pretty obvious "I ride for this type of shit" but I coudn't say that shit, even as a joke. It's was decent and all but damn...

yo dog, it's pretty obvious "I ride for this type of shit" but I coudn't say that shit, even as a joke. It's was decent and all but damn...

Yeah, it's not even the best cut on the album. And that chorus is pretty .

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

He has a rhyme on one of Rapid Ric's tapes, something like: "My pops used to work at Texas Instruments/Now Chops is in Texas producing and playing instruments"

Not to just mindlessly hate on the mindless wackness of that lyric, but his exact line is "My pops was an engineer at Texas Instruments and now Chops is back in Texas engineering, playing instruments." My face melted in embarassment for the man.

-e

Not to just mindlessly hate on the mindless wackness of that lyric, but his exact line is "My pops was an engineer at Texas Instruments and now Chops is back in Texas engineering, playing instruments."

You've obviously rewound it more than me...

• The group broke up a couple of years back, mostly because the other two members: Styles and Peril-L decided to pursue other career options. One, I'm pretty sure, is a doctor now (so Chinese, for real) and the other, I think, might have gone into biochemistry.

peril-l is a lab chemist now. he and my girl were livejournal/AIM homies for awhile, but now he's pretty deep in his work as far as i know.

Yeah, it's not even the best cut on the album. And that chorus is pretty .
    Guess it must be a local thing then.
    That tunes held in high regard around these parts (amongst all 15-20 of us)
    And to my ears its dope!
    And you cant get better than dope.
    Well maybe ???stupid fresh??? is better