marcofunk on the prowl

13»

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Dodo for some maybe, and house diamond for others. Someone just forked out US $3,560.00 for it. That's fucking crazy, and I think it was Ian Wright.

Apparently I know nothing.

While that price is a bit out of my range, I think it's a dope tune. Reminds me of Philly International stuff. I likey.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Dodo for some maybe, and house diamond for others. Someone just forked out US $3,560.00 for it. That's fucking crazy, and I think it was Ian Wright.

Apparently I know nothing.

While that price is a bit out of my range, I think it's a dope tune. Reminds me of Philly International stuff. I likey.

that is a pretty cool tune... reminds me a little of that infamous Luther Davis single somewhat - period roto-tom action - "pew!! pew!!"

the price? pure decadence really.

---

• Options

Dave, you serious? I wouldn't pay $50 for the Kelenkye record (in fact, i turned one down for $500 ) . There's plenty better afrobeat/funk LP's and 45's out there.

K.

Please to put me up on hot $50 (or less) Afro soul LPs and 45s.

I wa simply saying that if I found that in a store (not knowing how many marco's it's worth), I'd only pay $50 for it. there's not a lot of $50 (or less) afro stuff, but Aliet and I like this:

Sound is not booming, but the tracks are hot.

K.

but vol 2 is better, no? it certainly sounds better. the vol 1 is off vinyls i think, the vol 2 sounds a lot cleaner and louder, maybe off tapes? All SID label stuff out of cote d'ivoire, I have a couple of heavy things on that label, god knows what else is/was out there.

as for less-than-$50 afro records.... watch ebay for stuff on syliphone, sometimes it slips through, 'music sans paroles' has a really nice funky/jazz track on, whole Lps nice too. But I think you'd be pretty lucky to ctach it for less that $50. I think you'd be pretty lucky to catch any really hot afro stuff on the ebay for that really. You can pick up all the matata 45s on president for cheap, and the funkees on the Uk issue 45s, both nice little tunes. But as for less common things, all the serious afro heads are properly on it, and they're all ready to throw down serious $$ on anything decent, even if they already have it. I still curse the day I didn't drop a couple of hundred more on that marijata LP. Didn't one of your mates nab that K? I was gutted.

Yep, he did grab that MArijata...and after his recent excursions though India and Africa know has ANOTHER! he's selling for $1000. He and his roomate both have copies - don't know many households with that claim. Afro funk is the new disco 12's and prices are going through the roof (I guess that can be expected with the recent dissemination of information). Just glad I got some things in before the wolfpack.

K in Canada

• This is record is simply doodoo. No offense to Guzz and the modern heads but I just can't understand what they see in this stuff. Wackness for days.

If you could see what the Mellow Madness does to a club filled with 1000 Japanese folks, you'd know why a DJ like Keb needed to own it. Business sounds like it was made yesterday. Uplifting and pounding, commander.

• nosawanosawa 89 Posts

Dave, you serious? I wouldn't pay $50 for the Kelenkye record (in fact, i turned one down for $500 ) . There's plenty better afrobeat/funk LP's and 45's out there.

K.

I wa simply saying that if I found that in a store (not knowing how many marco's it's worth), I'd only pay $50 for it. there's not a lot of $50 (or less) afro stuff, but Aliet and I like this:

K.

Hey K, do you still have a spare of this would love to catch one, pls pm me if don't mind, many thanks

• Options

K.

K.

Hey K, do you still have a spare of this would love to catch one, pls pm me if don't mind, many thanks

PM sent.

K.

• Options
    There's a couple records from the States with a heavy afro sound (most by recently transplanted Africans), but I haven't heard too many. It's a hard sound to imitate effectively.

K.