David Blaine: DISCUSS

13»

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

nah man, I aint buyin' it!

Sorry man, but I can't believe you guys are riding for this dude. That was mad corny.

• Werd though, none of it is staged or acted.

Its all real. Its a form of hypnosis, but a method that doesn't require the subject to completely access a deep state of trance.

I've done the taxi driver one myself - it works a charm on pretty much anyone.

He did the voodoo one to convince the girl that she should question her beliefs. She only thought the voodoo doll would effect her, because she thought he'd put her ring in it - which he actually didn't, but cause she so deeply believed in it, it worked on her.

The voodoo trick probably wouldn't work if you didn't believe in voodoo.

The phonebox one is a rapid confusion technique, and only works with folls who are dumb enough to pick up a random ringing phone they walk past in the street. As far as it was explained, they are given a lot of confusing information at once and then given a simple command to go to sleep. The brain desperately grabs onto the thing that makes most sense to them in such a confusing situation. They only go to sleep for about 2 minutes though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    That's interesting.

I probably have to see the whole thing I guess, cause that all looked totally staged (and could have been easily done so) to me.

• Thats true man, I can understand being sceptical at first cause I was too before I caught his live show.

Its not all clever hypnosis though, he also does card tricks and street magic too.

I think his proper title is psychological illusionist, or mentalist.

• I think his proper title is psychological illusionist, or mentalist.

I think Flomotion's proper title is mad hatter[/b].

And he's a British hatter at that

• Ha! You're probably right. I hat D.B.

• Ha! You're probably right. I hat D.B.

You haven't caught the in-jokes by 184 posts?

• Nope.

• Nope.

Tosser.

• Nope.

Tosser.

I'm not allowed to express a different opinion? I think maybe you're taking this too much to heart.

And by the way I've been on this site as a poster for over three years under different names. And for a man with a deformed paedophile being jacked off for an avatar you seem kinda thin skinned.

• I'm not allowed to express a different opinion? I think maybe you're taking this too much to heart.

Of course you are! I'm no Oliver Wang.