Best reissues out right now?

2»

Comments

• So fucking good.

• Options

So fucking good.

YEah, I caught an OG box of 25 of these when buying some old reggae store stock (see a stamp on a sleeve, find out who owns the property, find owner of store, get records). If you notice, Express is a subsidiary of Forward which was primarily a reggae label fronted by producer god, Phill PRatt (dude could sing too, I think why his vocalsist are so on point (he was the first to record Horace Andy BTW)).

That score forms over half of my genisis era hip hop 12's (12 stars, wack Raps, Funky Constelations, etc...)

Good to see you gents have exquisite taste.

K.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

So fucking good.

YEah, I caught an OG box of 25 of these when buying some old reggae store stock (see a stamp on a sleeve, find out who owns the property, find owner of store, get records). If you notice, Express is a subsidiary of Forward which was primarily a reggae label fronted by producer god, Phill PRatt (dude could sing too, I think why his vocalsist are so on point (he was the first to record Horace Andy BTW)).

That score forms over half of my genisis era hip hop 12's (12 stars, wack Raps, Funky Constelations, etc...)

Good to see you gents have exquisite taste.

K.

I was happy just to have found this on one of the OG UBB bootleg 12" joints. How much would an OG go for you think?

• Options
    P.S. I belive all OG's state "MADE IN USA" all in caps (at least mine does).

• Options
    I sold them for $90 each back then. My guess is they go for double that now. The reissue is almost exact - even comes with the OG sleeve.

Kevin.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Hey, I like that Marta Acuna track. Sorry.

What are you hearing differently than I am?

• Options
    Nope. It's that the Universe is diverse. Way it should be IMO.

No disrespect, Kevin.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

where the hell is this available?

try www.cdandlp.com, french site

There's been a Japanese CD reissue (+ a few other Nico Gomez LPs) out for a couple of years now.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I've been really into these lately... as someone pointed out on another site, they're not just a bunch of Fela knockoffs:

Got this yesterday, which is pretty good:

• Options

Got a gaggle of Og's if anyone is down. Summer Studios/Jerry Brown stand the fuck Up!

Wille is dude.

K in Canada.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

mmm, berimbau! how would you describe the music?