How much should I charge for a wedding?

2»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I talked to the bride last night. We're going through the plan and of course I'm like, "so yeah other than Brick House, Celebrate, YMCA, etc. just give me a CD..." and she goes "NO! THIS IS NOT THAT KIND OF WEDDING! I would throw myself into the east river if you played that. I just want some groovy soul, some mellow loungey stuff, maybe some jazz during dinner, and old school hip-hop. Maybe some Beatles and Stones for my parents."

Be wary of the hands-off bride....bring a few CDs with a wide range of cheesy material/current club hits/80s hits/classic rock...they will at least make you feel covered(peace of mind)...it's also the guests you have to worry about.

I'm like, "so yeah other than Brick House, Celebrate, YMCA, etc. just give me a CD..." and she goes "NO! THIS IS NOT THAT KIND OF WEDDING!

FAMOUS LAST WORDS

Once all the family is there... best believe you'll be getting requests for "Brick House, Celebrate, YMCA, etc." no matter how good the bride & groom's taste is.

Also:

ABBA[/b]

girls of all ages love ABBA

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    if you rock hard enough. Brickhouse will not be an issue. Like Birdman says be ready with some cheez just in case.

• I talked to the bride last night. We're going through the plan and of course I'm like, "so yeah other than Brick House, Celebrate, YMCA, etc. just give me a CD..." and she goes "NO! THIS IS NOT THAT KIND OF WEDDING! I would throw myself into the east river if you played that. I just want some groovy soul, some mellow loungey stuff, maybe some jazz during dinner, and old school hip-hop. Maybe some Beatles and Stones for my parents."

Consider her saying "it's not this kind of wedding" and then standing far away from the dancefloor/dj area (hugging, taking photos, signing wedding license, talking to aunt Linda from whoknowswhere) while the other 300 people at the wedding are in your face with some "PLAY BRICK HOUSE YOU DIPSHIT!"

• I talked to the bride last night. We're going through the plan and of course I'm like, "so yeah other than Brick House, Celebrate, YMCA, etc. just give me a CD..." and she goes "NO! THIS IS NOT THAT KIND OF WEDDING! I would throw myself into the east river if you played that. I just want some groovy soul, some mellow loungey stuff, maybe some jazz during dinner, and old school hip-hop. Maybe some Beatles and Stones for my parents."

Consider her saying "it's not this kind of wedding" and then standing far away from the dancefloor/dj area (hugging, taking photos, signing wedding license, talking to aunt Linda from whoknowswhere) while the other 300 people at the wedding are in your face with some "PLAY BRICK HOUSE YOU DIPSHIT!"

Sure. Then I'll consider saying "the bride has expressly requested that I NOT play "Brick House". You can take it up with her."

I mean, seriously she is the one that is paying me and the one that is getting married. I have no problem whatsoever honoring her request, no matter how many people want to do the limbo to "Celebrate"

I talked to the bride last night. We're going through the plan and of course I'm like, "so yeah other than Brick House, Celebrate, YMCA, etc. just give me a CD..." and she goes "NO! THIS IS NOT THAT KIND OF WEDDING! I would throw myself into the east river if you played that. I just want some groovy soul, some mellow loungey stuff, maybe some jazz during dinner, and old school hip-hop. Maybe some Beatles and Stones for my parents."

Sure. Then I'll consider saying "the bride has expressly requested that I NOT play "Brick House". You can take it up with her."

I mean, seriously she is the one that is paying me and the one that is getting married. I have no problem whatsoever honoring her request, no matter how many people want to do the limbo to "Celebrate"

I completely agree, and you will be telling COMPLETELY DISBELIEVING maids of honor that 'she told me-NO MACARENA'. It's when the Bride herself is swayed by people, 'oh yeah, Miami Sound Machine-Conga! You don't have that??!!'

• she is providing cds of southern california skank bands. :/

she is providing cds of southern california skank bands. :/

• Yeah, except I am doing a gig for her friend for $200... which is steep (for a basic gig where I play what I like and get free drinks)... She is hoping I will be under $500 (her words)

:/

my man:

you should charge her a low price but ask for a "consulation visit" with the brides maid.

• Yeah, except I am doing a gig for her friend for $200... which is steep (for a basic gig where I play what I like and get free drinks)... She is hoping I will be under $500 (her words)

my man:

you should charge her a low price but ask for a "consulation visit" with the brides maid.

As you well know bludzor.

I don't have to "ask" for that shit.

my man:

As you well know bludzor.

I don't have to "ask" for that shit.

oh fa sho...you just gotta wine 'em, dine 'em, and take 'em to piano bars!

• I didn't pay for shit but my own food and drink that night, young gangster.

• I didn't pay for shit but my own food and drink that night, young gangster.

I guess it is something to a boss...

Check your pm, dun-dun.