Bay Area heads: Anyone gonna see James Brown?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
He's playing in November. Tickets are steep though. Like $70 each. Probably $90 with all the Ticketmaster fees. Is it worth seeing him still?

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Is it worth seeing him still?

buy his records with that $70 and youll be much happier... stage show is entertaining but his vocals suck to me.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    He's playing in November. Tickets are steep though. Like $70 each. Probably $90 with all the Ticketmaster fees. Is it worth seeing him still?

i saw him near san jose about a year and a half ago. i forgot the name of the place--that little outdoor venue up in the hills near a winery. upscale. small venue too--just about 1500 or so--so there wasn't a bad seat in the place.

anyways, i had never seen him before that, and i'm glad i did. i didn't have huge expectations, and with that i thought it was a great show. of course his voice and moves aren't what they used to be, but taking that into consideration i thought he tore the motherfucker up. good backing band too.

so if you've never seen him, you should go. but if you've seen him in the past, it would probably be a letdown.