BRIEF + MARVELOUS MUSIC

2»

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    My old band was on a record called "Bllleeeeaaauuurrrrgghhh - A Music War" that had 74 bands doing songs on one 7" record. The label did 3 of them, but that one had the most bands. It's pretty unlistenable, but it's a funny concept.

Any thread about short songs should include one of my favorite bands:

• If you have a lot of music in your itunes, sort it by song length with the shortest stuff first -- most listening fun I had this month.

I did that on my iTunes at work, and interestingly enough most of the songs in the one-minute range were rockabilly tunes. (The longest track - at nine minutes -was by salsa-soul king Joe Bataan.)

• Check the Presidents' "It's My Thing" (Indiana band recorded in Spain murders Marva Whitney for 78 seconds):

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33UVMCDH51PJ41BKDI4ICVHBIS

It's been booted a few times, first on one of the volumes of El Soul es un Droga and more recently a bootleg of James Brown material that I believe some LA folls put together.

Also on the quick tip, the selections on the Ken Nordine "Colors" LP-- at 90 seconds each, none of them wears out its welcome.

• the little interlude just before "We Are The Kids Of Never Never Land" on UMC's first album.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    the little interlude just before "We Are The Kids Of Never Never Land" on UMC's first album.

the end of swing it to the area?