IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE ARCHAIC HERE

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I don't care if dude was banned or not, I mean the way it was brought about may have been foul, but dude shat out his motherfucking mouth way too many times.

So unban him for principle's sake? Sure. But do I stand behind dude as some kind of martyr. No, cause I really don't give a fuck.

• instead of running to the moderators calling for a ban behind his back like a bitch

you looking at me?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    dude would not shut the fuck up about freaking project blowed.. it was like a constant stream of dorm room dwelling internet street team jock riding.

that dude made numerousm threads completely uninteresting for his persistantly lame blowed OBSESSION

i don't remember the racist shit, i just remember him being mad mad irritating with his constant lambasting of his perceived NYC East Coast axis of hip hop evil

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    just to balance this discussion out, I wanna remind people that archaic was prone to racist conspiracy theories that really offended/scared/pissed off numerous strutters.

not unlike another strutter, but that poster is still here.

since when does that get anyone banned? for some perspective, you've written things that I thought were borderline racist, now what?

I read and see a lot of misogynist, outrageously sexist shit that scares me and pisses me off...and I don't scare that easily. and so...?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    instead of running to the moderators calling for a ban behind his back like a bitch

you looking at me?

cute....... *sigh* sorry if you feel like my comment was personally directed at you..it wasn't[/b] and i'm not calling anyone in particular a bitch...BUT...when a man 'cuts down' another man behind his back thats Bitchmade ....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    instead of running to the moderators calling for a ban behind his back like a bitch

you looking at me?

Should we be?

if people have a problem with that poster..they need to tell that poster..PERIOD....and maybe that poster will excuse his or herself from the board...i'm sure no one wants to be a member of a community who is afraid of him or her

if people have a problem with that poster..they need to tell that poster..PERIOD....and maybe that poster will excuse his or herself from the board...i'm sure no one wants to be a member of a community who is afraid of him or her

I'm afraid of half the dudes on here.

done. i've been pretty clear with this person.

i do think there are people who get off on others' fears and the feeling of power that comes from not giving a shit.

but i have to say, as heinous as the posts are, i think there's room for both of us here. i'm not sure i believe that democracy works, but if the majority and/or the moderators want someone to go, i think they should.

it just looks to me like the majority want archaic back...anyway ultimately it's up to RAJ.

• faux and ed: myself and guzzo were identified as the offended parties (not sure why), and then someone said bitch. since I don't see Guzzo here, my natural reaction was that that shit was in reference to me. sorry if i'm wrong. (fuck y'all if i'm right.)

and Bassie: next time I say something that offends you you should speak up. those that know me know I'm always down for healthy debate and more than willing to defend my viewpoints as well as listen to other people's. i'm no racist.

and for the record i was nowhere near the board during the archaic fiasco. i read about the ban a few days after the fact. i just saw a bunch of people waxing nostalgic about archaic here, as happens every so often, while not acknowledging the acerbic atmosphere that he often brought to the board. just wanted to remind y'all that it wasn't all roses with that dude and that he wasn't banned in a vaccum.

• for the record:

I remember meeting Rootlesscosmo many a time and dude is mad-uber-supersonic-hella crazy dude[/b]. So let's not get it all twisted, he's a good chap.

also [/b]

I want Archaic back because dude can give a a perspective that many of us will never have, the guy LIVED IN NOLA [/b]. Also dude had some swagger[/b] to his political opinion, NOTHING ELSE.

faux and ed: myself and guzzo were identified as the offended parties (not sure why), and then someone said bitch. since I don't see Guzzo here, my natural reaction was that that shit was in reference to me. sorry if i'm wrong. (fuck y'all if i'm right.)

and Bassie: next time I say something that offends you you should speak up. those that know me know I'm always down for healthy debate and more than willing to defend my viewpoints as well as listen to other people's. i'm no racist.

and for the record i was nowhere near the board during the archaic fiasco. i read about the ban a few days after the fact. i just saw a bunch of people waxing nostalgic about archaic here, as happens every so often, while not acknowledging the acerbic atmosphere that he often brought to the board. just wanted to remind y'all that it wasn't all roses with that dude and that he wasn't banned in a vaccum.

I was just asking because you sort of raised your hand when Ed referred to people PMing RAJ and asking that Archaic be banned.

I assume he was referring to Guzzo, who I think has requested via PM that approximately 70% of this board be banned at one point or another.

I have. But I have to draw a line for myself as to how involved I will get in an online debate that turns into a ping pong game of dates, facts and events and who is more at fault.
    How much energy am I going to spend arguing back and forth about who???s right and how much energy am I going to spend actually doing right?

• also to archaic if you're reading this: no doubt I've taken issue with some stuff you've said on the board, but not to lose sight of the real issues: hope your fam is OK in NOLA. no sarcasm.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think the fact that we've had this convo so long means we should invite him back. I still don't get why we banned him to begin with except that he got on Raj's bad side but to complain about the nature of his posts is like having the whole lot of us throwing stones in a glass castle.

• I think the fact that we've had this convo so long means we should invite him back. I still don't get why we banned him to begin with except that he got on Raj's bad side but to complain about the nature of his posts is like having the whole lot of us throwing stones in a glass castle.

take that shit to stonesthrow.com!!!!

hahahahahaha i make myself laugh hahahaha. ok. im done

I assume he was referring to Guzzo, who I think has requested via PM that approximately 70% of this board be banned at one point or another.

Guzzo is the homie..so i wasn't calling him a bitch...but i've also made my opinions clear many times on this board how i feel about PM's to the moderators calling for bans....

and i dont know rootlesscosmo or his ban request so i'm not speaking about him specifically either...but dude wasn't here when Archaic was so what right does this person have even discussing this matter

i'm not here to make enemies..but I,just like Archaic have very strong views/opinions and i voice them publicly ....

i dont call for people to be banned and if i did i wouldn't trash them when they were no longer here to defend themselves

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I remember last time we had this thread someone said Archaic isn't even banned anymore, he just doesn't want to be here. Don't know if it's true, but I do remember someone who knows him personally saying that...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    just to balance this discussion out, I wanna remind people that archaic was prone to racist conspiracy theories that really offended/scared/pissed off numerous strutters.

Aside from making non-existant connections between project blowed & other artists, Archaic was one of the most racist people to post here. While, I'm sure he'd have some opinions on N.O, I'm happy to not have to hear about how Jews are to blame for a hurricane or the state of FEMA.

Fuck Archaic & his racist lies.

h

PS: Project Blowed is pretty dope - props to Anasarcasm for putting me up on them. If anyone should be posting here more, its her.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

And he's an asshole, too.

HAZ! It not go well at the dentist? Come out swinging brother!

• just to balance this discussion out, I wanna remind people that archaic was prone to racist conspiracy theories that really offended/scared/pissed off numerous strutters.

Aside from making non-existant connections between project blowed & other artists, Archaic was one of the most racist people to post here. While, I'm sure he'd have some opinions on N.O, I'm happy to not have to hear about how Jews are to blame for a hurricane or the state of FEMA.

h

PS: Project Blowed is pretty dope - props to Anasarcasm for putting me up on them. If anyone should be posting here more, its her.

he was hardly racist. he simply presented a different view. I never took offense but took it as a different viewpoint. He was much more down the conspiracy theory line than most people, but at the same time I can't say he was wrong by any means.

I mean were you really that offended by his demonization of the lizard people?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

h

he was hardly racist. he simply presented a different view. I never took offense but took it as a different viewpoint. He was much more down the conspiracy theory line than most people, but at the same time I can't say he was wrong by any means.

I mean were you really that offended by his demonization of the lizard people?

Most people wouldn't take offence. Then again, he wasn't singling out "most people." I can't really say I was happy to see him banned, regardless. I didn't like the bs he propagated, but freedom comes with a cost. Sometimes that cost means having to suffer fools & their crap. Enough of this Archaic, tho. Let's celebrate the people here who are trying to make the world better. There's a post about what title we should give Bambouche going on. That guy, along with AI @ the people who've donated through this heatrock thing have done some major good. I'll leave the haters to their hate & racism - there's a world out there that needs more kindness. Props due to the the folks supplying it.

Peace & Respect

Howard

me and others are curious to know who this mystery man is you guys are talking about...

again, if this person is ruining the community ..i think they should be informed...they probably have no clue

this whole annonymously calling someone an asshole and racist thing is

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    WTF!

70 people voted in the Archaic poll but less than 30 have read through and voted on what charity we are sending the money to?

Prioritize folks!

FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1126037593edpowers">

FREE ARCHAIC..[/b]
    LONG OVERDUE
    HELL NO
    WHO CARES
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

me and others are curious to know who this mystery man is you guys are talking about...

again, if this person is ruining the community ..i think they should be informed...they probably have no clue

this whole annonymously calling someone an asshole and racist thing is

Singling out a people & underminding human suffering is less of a good look. I'm not anonymous about anything - the person refered to above is Vitamin. Enough pussyfooting around shit - making fun of arab & indian people is weak. It shouldn't be tolerated. He's a grown man & should know better than that.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Beleive it or not I've only asked for 2 people to be banned.

I probably get more requests to be banned than that in like a week.

Maybe I should step my game up?

• I assume he was referring to Guzzo, who I think has requested via PM that approximately 70% of this board be banned at one point or another.
    Beleive it or not I've only asked for 2 people to be banned.

I probably get more requests to be banned than that in like a week.

Maybe I should step my game up?

Nah, you just caught a rare instance of Young Regatta misspeaking - he meant that approximately 70% of this board has asked that you be banned

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Has Vitamin even been around since that "channeling Native American rage" shit?

Seems like dude banned himself after getting