Did this dude score or what?

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
It looks like this might be an OG copy. Kinda cheap for this if it is, no?http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4761699200

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It looks way too clean.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    That looks pretty legit to me.

I don't have the reissue, but is the back pasted on like that?

• It is the OG, I can tell from the back cover. Someone is going to be happy!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damn, I didn't look at that picture until you posted it, and that does look pretty 70s vintage, doesn't it.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Damn, I didn't look at that picture until you posted it, and that does look pretty 70s vintage, doesn't it.

• Shouldn't this be in the Crate Digging section? Not trying to be an asshole, I just think this forum should be strictly HEATROCK related.

Herm

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Why the hell did I post this in the heatrock forum?

Someone to plase move this to the normal discussion section.

• that person has been trying to sell that record for months.

thing is he sent me some sound files and it sounds pretty clean, i'm surprised he is grading it vg.

dave

• Options
    Labels are off. It ain't the real thing.

K.

• Options
    On second inspection, it does look legit. I always get fucked up because I have an early Bermudan press of this.

K.

• that looks exactly like my reish, my reish has those labels, that pasted back..everything. even brown on the inside...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Perhaps now that the reissue is available everywhere for less than $10, the OG price has come down considerably? Seen it happen many many times. In fact, I held onto a couple of joints as "investments" only to see them drop big time once booted/issued, although they were mainly hip hop records.
    Remember - the BOOT of this was going for upwards of $50 until the more common boot became omnipresent.

• invest in real estate not records

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yeah, I don't generally buy records to resell them at all, but there are times I'll end up with something valuable, and hold onto it until I "need money," you know? A couple of times I got burned by holding onto something instead of droppin' it while it was hot.

• that looks exactly like my reish, my reish has those labels, that pasted back..everything. even brown on the inside...

i think it's the original cause he says it vg how many reissues get to be vg ? some of the tracks he sent me had crackle and pops between songs.

• Options
    There was an early 90's one that looked legit. Might be it - I have some early 90's vg stuff (for sale).

K.

• This is the OG, I believe. The 90's boot doesn't have the Duane logo on the front cover (and replaces that logo on the back with Baadassss Records' logo). There seems to be quite a few (meaning like five known to me) copies of this record in Finland. I have an ad from a 1970's music mag where a shop is selling Invaders LP's for a discount price of 5 Finnish marks (=$1).

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Looks exactly like the reissue I have (Pasted back sleeve, logo on the front, cardboard cover...).

• my reish is identical EXCEPT for the labels, my reish labels also have a "45 ring" on the label in addition to the large ring on the label...

• This is the OG, I believe. The 90's boot doesn't have the Duane logo on the front cover (and replaces that logo on the back with Baadassss Records' logo). There seems to be quite a few (meaning like five known to me) copies of this record in Finland. I have an ad from a 1970's music mag where a shop is selling Invaders LP's for a discount price of 5 Finnish marks (=$1).

There was a recent repress that is done in the style of kashmere stage band - "zero point". Adhesive backing and the whole 9... hence the debate...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    This is the OG, I believe. The 90's boot doesn't have the Duane logo on the front cover (and replaces that logo on the back with Baadassss Records' logo). There seems to be quite a few (meaning like five known to me) copies of this record in Finland. I have an ad from a 1970's music mag where a shop is selling Invaders LP's for a discount price of 5 Finnish marks (=$1).

There was a recent repress that is done in the style of kashmere stage band - "zero point". Adhesive backing and the whole 9... hence the debate...

Yeah, my reish looks like the OG almost to a tee, from what photos I have seen.

• RezRez 164 Posts
    It is the OG, I can tell from the back cover. Someone is going to be happy!

NOPE - not OG, my friendz - just a fiendish reish / snidey bootie - labels are all wrong - back slv looks ok from a distance but the labels give it away - they 'smooth-raised', OG is label 'ridged' a la Deep Groove...

No way, no how...Rez

• both those copies have ring wear. I don't know how one would fake ring wear.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    both those copies have ring wear. I don't know how one would fake ring wear.

if its a repro of an OG sleeve than it would wear the same way an old sleeve does... and this doesn't take very long at all (I've been guilty more than a few times I'm afraid)

• RezRez 164 Posts
    both those copies have ring wear. I don't know how one would fake ring wear.

Been done MANY times, not hard - just stack yr rcs horizontally - they soon have an impression - people ever make 'new' sleeves' that look like they have ringwear...COME ON!! Lotta money at stake here - lotta people out there wanna pay it too!!

SI'm still adamant that this on one the bay WAS NOT an original...close but no way, no how...

Rez

• I see.

• OK. Someone who has a DEFINITE original copy, plaese to post pictures of back cover and labels + what's in the dead wax.