What turntables are popular now?

It's been so long since I've owned a pair of SL1200's. I guess they discontinued them. Man, Ebay says used ones are STILL selling for $500 a piece. What does everyone use now?

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,894 Posts
    Technics is making the SL-1200 MK7 currently. That is what I'm using now.

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/technics-sl-1200-mk7-turntable-black

• i am cheap and use an audio technica atlp-120 fake 1200. it's a turntable!
    Jimster

• ppadilhappadilha 2,241 Posts
    It's been so long since I've owned a pair of SL1200's. I guess they discontinued them. Man, Ebay says used ones are STILL selling for $500 a piece. What does everyone use now?

I bought my 1200 for about $250 at an estate sale a few years back

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,933 Posts
    ppadilha said:

c.1845 ?

Jimster said:
    ppadilha said:

c.1845 ?

Yours doesn't have a hand crank on the side?

Two cranks.
    And USB3.
    And MIDI.
    ppadilhabillbradley

• I've never seen a warped platter before!
    b/w
    that's some grueling looking ass bean dip

I was really pushing ;) the limits of AI and it still didn't give me what I want.  

• I like how STARK is basically a chips logo

it looks like Jimster dips his chips in those awful English-style baked beans

ppadilha said:
    it looks like Jimster dips his chips in those awful English-style baked beans

Looks like P*ulo has never had proper beans on toast.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,469 Posts
    isnt there some fancy new Technics 1200 Lambo version, saw that shit on reddit and had me a good “belly laugh” for the first time in a while…
    i dont think i’ve ever had a “good” or even “ok” bean dip, that stark honestly looks like canned beans, lol, i do like beans and weiners from time to time for that nostalgic memory, but never cold, ha ewwww.

I like how STARK is basically a chips logo

I did have the OG "Bean Dip?  Offa Stark??" hand jpg but lost in the mist of time.  I edited it for use elsewhere but the beandip was homage to the OG story.  Here's my edit.

Beandip Origin Story : https://community.soulstrut.com/discussion/comment/55084/#Comment_55084

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,108 Posts
    My 1200 with the Nervous Wreck slipmat and discontinued Shure needle is still going strong. 
    Jimster