TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Took a deflected shot, but finally laid that hoodoo to rest.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Ain't gonna lie, after the first ten minutes, City were flat in the final third all afternoon.  Arsenal wanted it more.  Fair result.

Missing Gundo and Mahrez in addition to the ineligible ones.  This selection won't cut it unless Pep gets a rocket up 'em.

It was hardly Anthony Burgess, David Lloyd George, Emmeline Pankhurst, Steve Coogan, Alan Turing, LES DAWSON, your boys took one hell of a whipping, and seeing Spurs above us in the table also took the shine off it a bit.

But still!

It was hardly Anthony Burgess, David Lloyd George, Emmeline Pankhurst, Steve Coogan, Alan Turing, LES DAWSON, your boys took one hell of a whipping, and seeing Spurs above us in the table also took the shine off it a bit.

But still!

"Born in Maida Vale, London, Turing was raised in southern England. He graduated at King's College, Cambridge, with a degree in mathematics."
    - Wiki

I knew this because my old boss Dr. Richards at UMIST was his last PhD student (we used to say the reason Alan topped himself).

Ian McShane, Martin "Money Saving Expert" Lewis, Norman Foster, Foo Foo Lammar, Bugsy Malone... 

Oooof! Maida Vale. Ok.

On reflection, watching Citeh this season (admittedly without DeBruyne) I couldn’t help but think how Pep’s team have slowly morphed into a Mourinho project: power, strong defenders, big man up front, players like Foden & Bernardo Silva asked to play the Makalele role.

Oooof! Maida Vale. Ok.

On reflection, watching Citeh this season (admittedly without DeBruyne) I couldn’t help but think how Pep’s team have slowly morphed into a Mourinho project: power, strong defenders, big man up front, players like Foden & Bernardo Silva asked to play the Makalele role.

Washya dam mout nah!

RIP Bobby Moore. Champion of long-range goals and the comb-over.
    Jimster

The OG Yaya Toure.  

Duderonomy

Arsenal U18s’ match against Brighton & Hove Albion today faced an unexpected delay when their team coach mistakenly arrived in Bournemouth instead of Brighton.

Originally scheduled to commence at 12:00 GMT, the match was subject to a 30-minute delay before ultimately being called off. The game will be rescheduled for a later date.

As reported by Arsenal Youth, the Gunners squad found themselves in Bournemouth, a location 95 miles away from Brighton, equating to a 2-hour and 21-minute drive.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/arsenal-match-postponed-team-bus-125719602.html
    Duderonomy

Newcastle vs Arsenal. Guimeres elbow to the back of Jorginho’s head - off-the-ball, premeditated - VAR looked at it, and decided nothing wrong there.

I CANNAE SPEAK!

Divvent taaalk shite wor L*o, game's gan soft, aaaall baaaall ref, even Shorlock Herms said it wes canny like.

HOWAAY WOR FAUSTINO!

Duderonomy

Eddie Nketiah - your fucking 9 minute cameo vs. fucking Burnley cost me 24 points this week that leaving Haaland (C) would have gotten me.
    I was expecting old VK to get a fisting.  I must must be a gambling man.

DAMN YOU ARTETA.

DuderonomyMr_Percolator

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Holy shit!

DOR

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Almost every great bicycle kick is born out of a shit cross. Dalot didn't even look up, he just hoiked it thinking it would go towards the penalty spot and totally fucked it.

On the other hand, the truly superb bicycle kicks are when the player receives a good cross and just says fuck it, I'm gonna do this anyway.

It was a banger, no doubt.  At least it wasn't against City.  We've had enough of that nonsense from Rooney.

My favourite one is Bale's, as it was in the CL final and also a nice FU to Real who would prefer he was playing golf.
    DOR

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Jimster said:
    It was a banger, no doubt.  At least it wasn't against City.  We've had enough of that nonsense from Rooney.

My favourite one is Bale's, as it was in the CL final and also a nice FU to Real who would prefer he was playing golf.

Garnacho’s is technically superior and a really great goal. But the Rooney one will always go down as one of the greats just because of the Derby. Still exciting after all these years.

I rate the Rooney one over Garnacho because he could've gone with something else but was totally deliberate about it.

But Rivaldo's bicycle kick vs Valencia is the one I think all other bicycle kicks should be judged against. The sheer balls it took to do that.

BEHOLD

Hairy Pep learning a few things in there too
    JimsterElectrode

Absolute menace that day.  Unplayable.

I remember his story, the poverty, the ricketts.  It was the spitting that took the shine off him, for me.  But one of the greatest to put on the canarinha.

Arteta booked again for celebrating a 97th minute winner, or actually for criticizing VAR?

A stonewall penalty not given by VAR at Luton.
    The Newcastle fiasco - elbow-to-head and the religion goal (complete with burden of proof that it was “out” rather than “in” when 99% of the ball AT BEST was out).
    Kovecic (sp?) going studs up, tackle from behind on Odegaard - exactly the kind of tackle from behind that was supposed to be punished with a red, but not even a yellow.

Arsenal can play the victim card with decisions when we are so consistently screwed by VAR, but I’m wondering if Arteta’s indignation is making it worse. It surely is with these farcical “celebration” yellow cards.

Well well, Villains beat Citeh! Arse play them next, should be interesting.
    Jimster

City dire without the one RODRI.  But I watched the first half and everyone was out of position and playing with no confidence.  Villa deffo wanted it more, simple as.

I think Arsenal are going to do it this year, again, as long as they can stay fit in the key departments.  Trust in Arteta's process is paying off.

Villa did us too! Maybe they’re the real deal this season.
    Of course there was the obligatory VAR shocker, but I don’t even get surprised now…

There's goals in them there Villains, sure.  I was surprised they did Arsenal who I thought were playing with swagger at this point.

What about Everton?  Since the points deduction, they are playing like Spartans.  I for one await the relegation to the Vanarama National League North if only to experience Haaland knocking on the neighbours doors to ask for the ball back and offer to repair the damaged greenhouse.

VAR is worth having, we've been asking for it for years but it's still got teething issues - which I can live with.  There will always be something to complain about.

Alas it will never fix poor refereeing.  

Ruining football, making LFC and Arsenal lose... 

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Fukin hell. The last few weeks have been a downer. At least I can enjoy Paul Mullin bringing some joy.

ok but at least can we still laugh at Man Utd??
    DuderonomyJimster

I think the nature of the two goals we let in vs Bayern caused a loss of confidence in Arsenal at just the wrong time (credit to Villa though, Emery said before the game that he had worked out Arsenal’s system).
    The first Bayern goal was really weird: Gabriel chasing back a highball, looking over his shoulder and aware that he’s being closed-down, goes to pass the ball back to the keeper… who’s nearly level with him at the centre-circle WTF. I’m no longer going to be an apologist for Aaron Ramsdale as he isn’t good enough with his feet, and Arteta’s team needs a “sweeper-keeper”, but I don’t think Raya is good enough either. Just better at that than Ramsdale. Raya’s distribution is terrible. Most of his long-passes go straight to the other team and he does this when under zero pressure. His judgement is a bit bi-polar. Either doesn’t leave the six yard box when you want him to claim a high ball or he has a mad rush of blood to the head.

Generally I think Arteta has done really well at drilling Arsenal into a disciplined unit but maybe at the expense of individual flair… not saying it’s as bad as a Mourinho team (where creative players go to die), but it seems they’ve lost the balance of having the freedom to take a player on and try a bit of skill or whatever. Last season was champagne stuff at the cost of defensive frailty, now we’ve tightened up at the back but often look a bit lost when plan A doesn’t work.

TL;DR credit to Citeh, the bar they set is close to perfection. Maybe Liverpool can take points off them, but I think we’ve all seen this film before and know how it’s going to end.