Photography Strut - Pics you shot recently

12346»

Comments

• those are great man. I have never played around with double exposures but that "family acid" guy made me take another look. your shots are great. I just never know what to combine, myself. I'm too obsessed with trying to get even one good frame I guess.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Excellent shots Ketan.  I got married in LV so it brings back good memories.

Back-hair goals!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Ketan, I hope you were able to make the detour to Bryce. Looking down into the hoodoos while the sun sets into the horizon, casting shadows on everything that stands is a beautiful, humbling experience.  And then there's there's the clear view of the stars in the sky with no city lights or traffic noise to ruin it.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,101 Posts
    Thanks for the positive feedback! 

Klez - I've been playing around with multiple exposures for over 20 years now. It's easier to imagine what I'm going for when I take a shot, and more often than not, some of that comes out in the final shot; but there'd still a lot of "unexpected material".  It's also getting really expensive to buy and develop film, so I'm glad I'm not trying it out for the first time today...

Jimster - I felt a bit awkward lining up that shot of people by the pool but the composition was too tasty, and the foreground back hair was the chef's kiss.

R**n - I've been to Bryce before!  I agree - it's awesome.  We had spectacular night skies on this trip.  Speaking of "family acid" guy, we did tabs in Zion one night and had the pleasure of dilated pupils gazing on a full sky of stars for about 6 hours, imprinting the scene in my brain for the next day or so.  All I can think of is, "ahhhhhhh".  
    Electrodeklezmer electro-thug beats

• Jimster said:
    Back-hair goals!

Working towards that Herbie Mann Push Push glory. I wonder if AP was bullshittin' when he said Herb wanted to name the album "Mannfinger" but the label wouldn't let him.

Yeah Ketan 35mm color film is crazy recently but I've seen signs of prices cooling off. Cheap(er) options are coming back. You can't charge people 30 bucks for a single roll of ektachrome for long and expect to move much product when shooting film is considered a sort of lo-fi hobby now, not a necessity for professionals. But I still keep buying that shit! I love it.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Big up to the person that decided to get a pilot license just so they could fly over El Sereno and send a message to East LA

ElectrodebillbradleyketanDuderonomy

Haha! I saw that too!

Few from Costa del Sol (ESP) and Margate Soul Weekender (UK).  You can tell which ones are which.

All shot on the basher.  Apologies for IG repeats.

ketanDuderonomyElectrodebillbradley

Why someone signed off that monstrous tower block in Margate, I'll never know.  I called it Mount Misery.

update : " In 1979, Hawkwind’s song High Rise was apparently inspired by the building, as it was written by Bob Calvert who lived in the block."
    https://theisleofthanetnews.com/2018/02/18/the-brutalist-tower-block-that-marked-the-start-of-1960s-redevelopment-in-margate/

Cinema Treasures is one of my favorite reference websites and the Dreamland pictured above has a write-up: https://cinematreasures.org/theaters/15123
    Jimster