13»

Comments

• GivemesoulGivemesoul 146 Posts
    Got some slammin oldies goin on!!
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

Jeremy Steig - Alias
    Pete La Roca - Basra / Turkish Women LPs
    Shlomo - It Rained The Whole Time (Nicholas Jaar remix)
    Rehash Media - Round Lounge Suite + singles (they need to get a bandcamp going)
    dub reggae

Electrode

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    billbradley

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Mandrill's first
    Blackalicious "Nia"
    Chick Corea "My Spanish Heart"
    Ralph Thomas "Eastern Standard Time" BBE reissue
    Stomu Yamash'ta and Hans Werner Henze "Prison Song/Seasons/Bell Tower"
    Gang Starr "Moment Of Truth"
    Syndicate Of Sound "Little Girl"

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    T-Fire - New Testament
    Kiki Gyan - Feeling So Good
    Bonga - Kualuka Kuetu
    Electrode

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Electrode said:

Blackalicious "Nia"

When I got this I think I was a little underwhelmed. I'd previously copped the A2G EP which seemed to be the highlights of the album, while Nia generally is a more reflective work. Would love Quannum (or MoWax*) to release an all-instrumentals version of this though as the beats are definitely the standout part for me. Beyonder is such a great beat. The cuts from Quest on Trouble are also fucking sick.

*on another topic, after Lavelle sold the label to A&M I guess problematic sampling means there's no way a major would fork out licensing to re-issue any of the music. Or only DJ Shadow is considered profitable?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Electrode said:
    Blackalicious "Nia"

Would love Quannum (or MoWax*) to release an all-instrumentals version of this though as the beats are definitely the standout part for me. Beyonder is such a great beat.

Same here. My favorite is "Dream Seasons". I found that Jukka sampled for the outro years back and was surprised to hear it. Some guy at the swap was selling the Nia for $150 (!?!), so I revisited the LP.