HELP, can you identify this Soul ALBUM COVER from Movie Screenshot?

HELP, can you identify this Soul ALBUM COVER from Movie Screenshot?

Movie: "Dolemite is my Name" (2019)

Kinds of albums they featured in Dolphin's Record Store, if you haven't seen the movie:
1960s-70s Soul and Funk.

Mystery Album I'm trying to I.D.: In the girl's hands:   Can you call it by sight?:

ketan

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    This was filmed at Poobah Records in Pasadena. I'll ask them next time I visit.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

dizzybullklezmer electro-thug beatsElectrodeJimster

• Perfect!, Thanks!,

- Bob

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    Holy shit I just realized if you go Poobah records and buy this then you own a record from an Eddie Murphy movie.  I wonder if it is still there. 

Fuck it I’m calling them to ask. 

Well bad news. I called and they do not currently have this record in stock. If they Said yes I was going to ask if it had a big white sticker in the upper right hand corner. But alas. 

And I’m going to be in that neighborhood tomorrow (just by coincidence- we have family in that area). 

I tried. 
    Electrode

• Oh, I'm sort of obsessed with that movie ("strikes a chord" with me, how someone with Not That Much "Native Talent", can push Soo Hard, to Make It!!... and OH, the ATMOSPHERE; that's my FEEL GOOD MOVIE, I put it on Almost Every Morning before work at some random point for a few minutes while getting coffee, to "Get in the Mood to Run the Rat Race", as a Ritual now...). . .\

I always liked 60s-70s soul and funk, though I've always mainly been a "singles guy", not many albums. . . but noticed while watched that movie, how much I liked many of the singles of artists on the album covers in the store, and started zooming in, identifying, and listening off youtube to many of the other albums - Some are Really Great! - and got a number of those albums I liked the sounds of off the Bay; FUN Stuff. . . 

(images from discogs, not my copies)

Thanks again for that Redd Foxx cover I.D. , 

- Bob

foedizzybullElectrodeklezmer electro-thug beatsketan

I went to Poobah records today but they were closed for some reason. That was disappointing. So I drove down the street to Canterbury Record but that place was turd city. So then I drove twenty minutes to Gimme Gimme Records and they had a better selection but nothing I was interested in. 

Honestly I should have just made electrode sell me some of his records instead. 

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I've never had luck at Caterbury but I had some at GG. I miss the PCC swap meet.

Bob... the reality of what you said just sank in. Did you buy all of those records based on seeing them in the movie and zooming in? That’s incredible... that’s fucking awesome. I love that so much but it raises an interesting question. Were those records already in the store or was there a propmaster responsible for bringing them in to make sure everything is correct for the time period?  If so that person has no idea you are building a collection based on their work. 

Looks like I’ll be calling Poobah back again. 

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    dizzybull said:
    Holy shit I just realized if you go Poobah records and buy this then you own a record from an Eddie Murphy movie.  I wonder if it is still there. 

Fuck it I’m calling them to ask. 

"And another thing...
    Longshot, I know...

What do you know about belt buckles?"

dizzybullbillbradley