FLOOR TO CEILING - VINYL 45 ONLY RADIO STATION LAUNCHING SAT 8TH MAY

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that after 2 months of hard work we're finally ready to launch at 8am tomorrow morning (UK time).

We're floor to ceiling radio, a vinyl 45 only radio station. Based in London we'll be streaming live to the UK, US and Canada and worldwide via the radio directories.

FTC was created out of a love for great music, especially music available on the humble 7” single, small but perfectly formed and punching way above it’s weight. 

We want to showcase what an amazing format the 45 really is, with so much amazing music only ever released on 7”.

We struggled to find vinyl 45 only shows on the radio and the few we did find were dotted here and there all over the place, which led us to the conclusion that in order to listen to the music and format we wanted to on a regular basis, we’d have to do it ourselves and thus ‘floor to ceiling’ was born.

We want to give 45 DJ’s and collectors a platform to express themselves and their music. We don’t care how many ‘socials’ you’ve got or what clubs you’ve played at. For us it’s all about having a passion for music on 45, always was, always will be.

We’re a non commercial, non profit station and our focus is on bringing you great music and hopefully expanding your musical horizons in the process.

Join us on Saturday 8th May from 8am where we'll be streaming 45 only shows for 24 hour continuously with some of the deepest diggers in the game.

Built by 45 lovers for lovers of 45's!

Listen live at www.floortoceilingradio.com

ketanklezmer electro-thug beats

Comments

• This looks cool, I'll check it out. Like a 45-only Soho Radio, right up my alley. Hope it has legs!
    floor_to_ceiling

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Great news! I hope this will suceed!
    floor_to_ceiling

• We do too!

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    man....i have been peeping this pretty frequently, about every second or third day roughly.... and the music selection is pretty dope, all of the dj's seem to be on point with their selections and i have heard shit tons of tracks i have never heard before by groups/artists i never heard of, but theres a "dude" that plays on the weekends dont know his name or the time he plays...but man.....he talks a lot.....and i fucking hate to say that because he drops MAD knowledge about the tracks hes playing and the records they come from and the labels they are on, when they were released, who the band members were...like the dude schools you on everything about the record...which is dope, but he does this while the track is playing and doesnt give much time to actually enjoy what hes playing, or even hear much of what hes playing..its like

8 seconds in - "so happy to play this today its a solid funk monster"
    30 seconds in - "another dope track by______________"
    20 seconds later - "and this just dropped on the ________ label"
    15 seconds later - "this is a hot one i can feel the fire"
    25 seconds later - "you can find this on wwwdot__________dotcom, limited pressings still available"
    20 seconds later - "you can only hear this on floor to ceiling radio, tune in daily to hear real dj's playing 45's"
    10 seconds later - "i've got a bag full of fresh 45's to play today"

he talked so much during the last time i listened to his set, i had to turn it off...

• Yeah I'd just play some beds every few tracks and just drop all the knowledge at once, that sounds terrible.

I don't know if it's quite the same but there's this thing that a lot of british radio DJs do where they talk in sentence fragments with long pauses, and the instant they talk they VIOLENTLY dip the music, like basically cut it down to zero with no fade, for every 2-3 word phrase they spit out. So it's like music is playing and somebody hits mute to go "and that was..." and then unmute, and then mute again "an exclusive..." and then unmute, and then mute "track from...", unmute etc.

Grueling. Unlistenable. I just don't get why you'd do that. It's like you're running the whole program mix through a totally maxed compressor. Learn to use beds motherfuckers!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Yeah I'd just play some beds every few tracks and just drop all the knowledge at once, that sounds terrible.

I don't know if it's quite the same but there's this thing that a lot of british radio DJs do where they talk in sentence fragments with long pauses, and the instant they talk they VIOLENTLY dip the music, like basically cut it down to zero with no fade, for every 2-3 word phrase they spit out. So it's like music is playing and somebody hits mute to go "and that was..." and then unmute, and then mute again "an exclusive..." and then unmute, and then mute "track from...", unmute etc.

Grueling. Unlistenable. I just don't get why you'd do that. It's like you're running the whole program mix through a totally maxed compressor. Learn to use beds motherfuckers!

jungle and ukg djs ftw - they know how to keep the audience hype.  everyone else doing this,