Why So Quiet Around Here?

124»

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Oh shit you found it in Canada!!!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ppadilha said:

Checking in for th first time In years. Besides still listening to mixes. New site confuses me...I don't even know what conversation this is. But I'm sure I'd get used to it. 

Still stay up w ol soulstrut heads in real world and fb. But things here got to a point where when I commented if I wasn't being argumentative, there wouldn't be any response. So that got boring for me. Maybe my posts were boring tho

My main interest was learning about records and music, buying trading and selling. Waxidermy stayed about that. The sales were interesting and people still posting crazy finds and talking about the game. Seemed like a lot more store owners, seasoned unrepentant diggers and such, even if they are more into folkways and AOR. I felt a little gas come out of the strut balloon when you had to pay to sell records (although i didnt and don't begrudge the move)

still greatly appreciative of soulstrut and the stellar community and knowledge that emanated out of this place. 
    Love y'all, t
    I want more trades, T!!!!!
    Yes!! Last time we traded was probably the last thing I did on soulstrut before I disappeared!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    @tripledouble 

Nice to see you check in.  I think there were a series of missteps that eventually encouraged a lot of the older heads to move on (changing of board software, too much political bullshit, the rise of social media). There are still some OGs on here, though.  

Any attempts to revitalize has been short-lived because at this point in my life a) I have a demanding career b) I'm older and lazier, and c) I don't live and breathe records like I used to.

I'm still committed to keep this place up for a few more years and may plan to archive it so that it is accessible for a long time.

Soulstrut por vida

finelikewineDuderonomytrzakhstanMek_JaggertripledoubleJimsterpara11axstratasphere

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Raj,

I think in 2017 content is king and mobile compatibility is #1. Sites like Youtube, and Facebook dominate, because they allow users to create the content for them. Discussion alone is not enough for a niche community anymore. The Classifieds, and Mixes were nice back in the day, but they don't seem to be generating the traffic that they used to. 

I would recommend starting a Soul Strut community-ran Blog project would help invigorate this site. I don't think this site is only about record diggers. I think it is a site for music lovers, and there is way too much good new music, and music related topics that don't get discussed here. Of course you can moderate what gets posted on the blog, but I think it might be a fun addition to the community.  All the blog posts can be linked through IFTTT to auto post to Twitter/Facebook/Instagram. 

Still love this site by the way, and the vanilla forums is the best one we've had by far. 

Cheers,

- Diego
    para11ax

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    RAJ said:Any attempts to revitalize has been short-lived because at this point in my life a) I have a demanding career b) I'm older and lazier, and c) I don't live and breathe records like I used to.
    I think this applies to a lot of OGs 17/18 years down the line.  But here's the thing... as life goes on, you slowly eke out 10 minutes a day to get back into it.  I've always worked in IT, and as such, being on the internet all day is how we roll.  It's sometimes more business than pleasure, but better than digging a ditch.
    para11ax

• I like this site,it's kinda quiet as explained by the founder but it's a cool little place to come and discuss music,more folks should drop by.
    RAJDORDuderonomyJimsterfoedeezlee

• My compliments to the founders for keeping this site up,many would've fallen by the way side.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    My compliments to the founders for keeping this site up,many would've fallen by the way side.

First off.  Welcome!  

It's nice to see new people discover this site and attempt to engage in conversation even though it's a little quite here.  

This site has a RICH history.  It looks like you've already discovered many of the classic threads some of which are well over 10 years old. I'm personally overwhelmed by how much great information is preserved here and it's my life mission to see that it stays online for as long as it can.

Enjoy!
    GivemesoulDuderonomystratasphere

• I love to talk music as you can see by my post,so I'l be around.
    Duderonomy