BLACK FRIDAY

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
edited November 2016 in Strut Central
To all my BLACK FRIDAY Warriors - please remember to record your exploits and post vids of you smashing the granny out of any one fool enough to reach for the same box as you. Do the Strut proud.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Bonus points for shouting "Taste the pain motherfucker!" as you stand over their prostrate body while clutching a flat screen you don't actually need.
    skel

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Just so we know: is this post
    a) anti capitalism
    b) anti materialism
    c) anti consumerism
    d) anti american marketing ployism
    e) pro violencism
    f) some other ism

?

cove

I just spent 20 minutes on youtube watching highlights of Fridays past, and thought I'd wish any Strutters who are taking part the best of luck.

But also hoping they video the madness.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Deals have been pretty shit. Tho, I'm in Canada and it's usually pretty weak.
    The biggest lines I saw were at Tim Hortons with people waiting for coffee...

The whole section for Philips Hue lighting had sale signs, but the shelves were bare. Not because of Black Friday, but because they haven't restocked in weeks. Still didn't stop them from putting up 15-20 sale signs for all the products.

I bought a hard drive online last night when deals went live.

Yes! That Mall video is what I'm talking about.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Materialists rejoice! Here is how man rolled this heave-el-ing:

In Sainsburys getting milk, beer and other essentials.  Who am I kidding, mostly beer.
    Observe the last Blaupunkt 40".  All the bells.  £150.  Steal for #1 son for Christmas.
    Cashed it in, also taking my £120 of Nectar points into consideration.  So stood me at £30.
    Carted bargain to Mrs' whip, which being a convertible, it wouldn't fit in the boot.
    No drama.  Roof down with the effer straddling #2 son in the back seat.
    Rolled like some heebil capitalist Santa all the way home.

BONUS BEAT: #1 son was in bed already with manflu, so failed to observe I secrete the effer in shed.

Cue Noddy Holder.

skelDuderonomy

BTW @4YearGraduate has a blowout at https://www.puts.band/

Good luck

Just copped a Gibson LP Studio and a Kala U-Bass in mahogany in the BF last knockings in Denmark Street.
    Feels good, but there were no fisticuffs.

I did this whilst sporting a pair of man Uggs.
    Hate me now.

There's nothing I want, and it's not a big enough deal here for any aggro. #firstworldproblems

• Yeah man I think I bought some Reeses Pieces on Black Friday and the price seemed pretty comparable to Reeses Pieces on other days of the year

skel said:
    Just copped a Gibson LP Studio and a Kala U-Bass in mahogany in the BF last knockings in Denmark Street.
    Feels good, but there were no fisticuffs.

I did this whilst sporting a pair of man Uggs.
    Hate me now.
    I know this is complete fabrication because there is no such thing as man Uggs.

This bass is like not much larger than a uke; electro acoustic, silicon type strings that need talc before playing, I'm digging it. So light, so small, maybe lacking in that bass purity whatevs.

What say you, Jimster? Don't wanna lug a half-ton crucifix round, ever.

I am with you on the weight, having a MusicMan around my neck for 25 years hasn't helped my already-curved spine.  I have tried a lot of electro-acoustics, the one I loved was £4-Large and belonged to a guy in the Philharmonic.  It sang like a bird.  I was hella brassic then.

Closest thing to it is this:
    http://rguitars.co.uk/products/godin-a5-ultra-fretless-en-sa-with-bag?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc?utm_source=googlepla&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKEAiAyO_BBRDOgM-K8MGWpmYSJACePQ9CWliuuVZ9eUx_smg6_WyEiuNrj2aMdjVNaK-Nzlo54hoCUAPw_wcB
    Still a bit much for me to justify at the moment.  Corp Tax and no contract beyond 2016 - R.

Not a fan of Godin, myself.
    Seem a bit wilfully alternative on the 6 string front.
    And the real alternatives are better. 
    Taylor and them.

• SHAMELESS PROMO RELATED: Cyber Monday Sale over at www.tucker-bloom.com for all your record bag needs. 

skel said:
    Not a fan of Godin, myself.
    Seem a bit wilfully alternative on the 6 string front.
    And the real alternatives are better. 
    Taylor and them.
    I liked the Godin because the scale length was what I am used to and its tone slayed.  It was like Sinatra.  Srs doe, if you ever see one, have a go.

The one they sell now doesn't have the LR Baggs trick pickup but in my amateurish hands that's no biggie.

I just had a look at that Kala ting.  BITD, there was an Ashbory bass with the same strings, we used to have one in the music shop.  I never got on with it because the tonal palate was not to my liking and you couldn't slap it.  But with that Kala, I would deffo ride.  Pretty decent doghouse bass tone without the size.

Is this where Kala (fukkkin' kunts) gets his username?

Deffo

Actually it's made by Kala's very own company. Sustainable forest steeze, recycled silicon, the works.
    And I wanted to put some cash in the lad's coffers.
    Making dreams come true on a daily basis.

I also have it on good authority that your boy wanted to call this particular model the U-KKKUNTT Bass.
    Both his brand marketing consultant and PR advisor recommended a rethink (in much strong tones, obvs).

Kala eventually and reluctantly settled on the compromise "U-Bass".

FACT
    Duderonomy

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I did a few deep-ish turns on a snowboard.