Like Clockwork

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
Here.

Already on my third straight listen.

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Also, not for nothing, but 2013 has already thrown up a ton of great shit and it's not even June yet.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    whats this all about (no itunes)

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,789 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    whats this all about (no itunes)

Yeah, I've seen the episode of Southpark with the itunes agreement and the human centipede. I aint into that.

New Queens of the Stone Age album.

DocMcCoy said:
    New Queens of the Stone Age album.

After two days of listening to this, with only a short break for Duflocka Rant 2 and Nebraska, I can comfortably declare that this is easily their best record for a decade. Their capacity to make listening to any other rock band in the world feel like sitting in a skip full of boiled shite for six straight hours remains undiminished.

Cham-peens, straight up and down.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hmm, am tempted to give this a listen then. I was a big fan up to and including Songs For The Deaf but everything after that has left me pretty cold. The skills of the artists involved and Homme's charisma were obviously still there but it felt like he'd run out of ideas - the playful aspect was replaced with a predictable mix of stadium rock with some prog touches.
    In simple terms, they seemed to have lost the fun out of their work - how much of this was due to the firing of Oliveri I don't know.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    I'm a huge QOTSA fan.

Weel definitely cop.

I found Era Vulgaris to be top notch, along with most of the older stuff.