Keef Hartley "Lancashire Hustler" Appreciation

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
this recent dolalr bin discovery is killing it! seems it was released on cd but there is little info on this record other than personnel (robert palmer, wynder k frog) and that it's supposed to be keef's "solo" album. also, can't find any clips of the songs from youtube...at the very least "circles" should have been a hit or radio staple.

anyone else down with this particular record? why has it gotten seemingly little or no shine?

Comments

• i ride. in particular "you and me" and "dance to the music". elkie and robert on background vocals is a good look. also i think robert took a lot of inspiration from working on this project as it's just as he's working on his first solo joint.

peace, stein. . .

• hey stein, glad someone else out there digs this.

found some mpfree's:

"Circles"

"You and Me"

"Shovel a Minor"

"Keef's Mom"

"Action"

"Something About You"

"Jennie's Father"

"Dance to the Music"

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Just seen this thread - love this album and You And Me has been a favourite for a long time. I keep meaning to check out the other LPs pictured on the inner sleeve...any Strutter recommendations?

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    are you looking for deram reccomendations or keef hartley band stuff? if it's the latter i would reccomend the "overdog" lp.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Perfect recommendation - been really enjoying this. Yeah, it's Keef in all his various guises (well, same clothes different bands) that I want to explore a bit... thanks,