Options

Phtgrphy Ricardo's? (SF)

edited August 2012 in Strut Central
I went in to Rooky Ricardo's on Lower Hight in San Fransico for a singing and dancing lesson and, to my surprise, the apprentice dude had taken over with his photography thing.

Chemicals and darkroom equipment all over the place. The drinks were out on the floor and the color film was in the fridge, "so it stays bright." A fridge in a record store stocked with film??? I tried to wrangle with the guy but he was kinda quiet. So Rook stepped in and tried to blow me out with some pre-MGM Royalettes and some male vocal group thing on may labeled CD. I was like, "I dont do house...where's the 70's folk at?".

Anyway, I bought nothing. RR had/has two copies of tapestry one for $5 and one, in mint, for $10.

Are photographers starting to Dj now? If so, please post up some cool pictures. Does anybody know when and why RR decided to start moving photography?

Comments

• That's my friend Matt O. He's a really nice guy. He started working at Rookies with the intention of selling vintage and modern turntables in there. He's always been a photography guy, so at some point he started the photo business in the shop. He's actually moving to the space next door and it will be a joint space with a photo gallery.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/glass-key-photo-san-francisco

He sells root beer too!

• I still have no idea if Bear Claw is real. I can't believe he was roaming the streets of SF recently.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts