White Sox are Three Outs Away

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
And we have a big ole California hillbilly on the mound. The. Deal. Is. Sealed.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ugh
    fuggin Jenks

• holy shit..what a catch!!

holy shit..what a catch!!

okay, gotta give it to Uribe
    holy frika

damn
    it's almost yours, Chitown

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    holy shit..what a catch!!

That catch by Juan Uribe was crazy-silly. Houston fans should be ashamed of themselves for not slapping that man. No Houston fielder would catch that in Chicago; they might have even gotten shanked.

• f the American League

• ballgame bitches!

damn
    it's yours, Chitown

• blah boring blah who cares tomahawk chop braves in 2006 why do people watch sports ako what blah bobby cox division champs 14 yrs straight whut

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Congrats to all my Chicago strutters. Big up to the Southsyyyyyyyyyyydddddeeeeee.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i'm happy for the white sox and all, but that world series was weak.

I gotta disagree. LAST YEAR'S WS was weak. No real tension in the games, largely because it's pretty fucking hard to top coming back 0-3 between two of the biggest rival teams in any professional sports. At that point, winning the WS just couldn't hold the same drama (though shit still feels sweeeeeeeet). But how can you be mad at Games 2 and 3?

• it was definately weak as fuck..a sweep????..cmon man

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    What a crazy season!

From not knowing the difference between Podsednik and Pierzynski.

From sitting in a sky box and seeing Frank Thomas spank a few home runs.

From Frank getting knocked out for the seaon -- again!

From thinking they're not going to make the playoffs, and then Ozzie saying he'll retire if they win the World Series; I thought he was absolutely bonkers at that point!

From that run at the end of the season that never ended! 11-1 in the playoffs, batches! They killed Detroit, then swept Cleveland, then Red Sox, lost only one in Cali, then beat Houston!

Hats off to Houston. You guys sured looked frustrated during the whole series, and that may have been the difference; the White Sox simply too cool. But the whole entire series was decided by only five runs.

My work is filled with so many White Sox fans that our publisher bought pizza for a couple hundred fat people. I wonder if we'll get a paid day off for this one!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

• big ole California hillbilly on the mound

He's from Idaho, doggie. Still...WORLD CHAMPS.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    TOTAL CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you in Bridgeport

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    last year's world series was week too. i just think it's no fun when a team sweeps.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I not a big baseball fan, but man, c'mon, Game 2?!?!?! That was a great freakin game and made the whole series for me.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

From a Red Sox fan to White Sox fans everywhere, congrats. Pop a cork and enjoy it, you never know if it will happen again!

Pop a cork and enjoy it, you never know if it will happen again!

T R U T H

• i'm happy for the white sox and all, but that world series was weak.

Nah, man. On paper it might look weak. But any of those games could have gone either way right down to the wire. Shit was exciting as fuck and I couldn't care less who won.

(although it was nice to see the Sox give a big fuck-u middle finger to the Cubs)

• aegisaegis 261 Posts

Nah, man. On paper it might look weak. But any of those games could have gone either way right down to the wire. Shit was exciting as fuck and I couldn't care less who won.

(although it was nice to see the Sox give a big fuck-u middle finger to the Cubs)

Yeah, I only caught games 2 and 3, but those were both great games and those two alone put it up with most recent ones. Can anyone complain about getting to see a series without the Yankees (or, for me, Boston, I hate them too)?

But watch out next year, Chicago...