SF: We are DEFINITELY doing tamales this year.

djstefdjstef 534 Posts
edited October 2005 in Announcements
Well, Serg and Miro are doing all the work.Who's in to help with filling and eating?

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Well, Serg and Miro are doing all the work.

Who's in to help with filling and eating?

I'm down to eat 'em. I'll take a dozen.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    IM DOWN!

• I may be down. Usually Moma Most handles the tamale duties (The O.G. Tamale Kingpin) so if I haven't had my fill of 'em I'm widdit.

but yo

I noticed your looks different from ours (Must be El Salvadorian thing. We wrap 'em in banana leaves and have two variations beef/salt or chicken/sugar, the vegetarian one is pretty good as well)

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'm in... I'm awesome at eating

DJ Ferrari

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Usually Moma Most handles the tamale duties

Man, I WISH my Moms made tamales BITD. She was too busy working 3 jobs so I had to rely on my aunts.

Herm

• sergserg 682 Posts

I noticed your looks different from ours (Must be El Salvadorian thing. We wrap 'em in banana leaves and have two variations beef/salt or chicken/sugar, the vegetarian one is pretty good as well)

you probably don't remember but during karaoke I believe I yelled "you eat tamales made with bananas because you're too bitchmade for corn." It's probably only funny to me.

but yeah the salvadorian versions tend to be sweeter. That year miro had some oaxaca pork shit going, we made some veggie versions, another pork with some red sauce shit I found on the internets, and some cheese. This year I'm going to ask my mom for ingredients. Her, my grandmas, and aunts use to crank them out then my mom would sell them at work.

as far as the masa goes we found this spot in the mission that sold us 10 pounds of shit already ground but without the lard. Most spots sell the shit with lard but we wanted to change that shit up so we could use vegtable oil in the veggie ones.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    when is this happening?

• you probably don't remember but during karaoke I believe I yelled "you eat tamales made with bananas because you're too bitchmade for corn." It's probably only funny to me.

Oh, it was funny to me, too.

You also screamed something about Mexico being hell of bigger than his (parents') crappy little country.

And then P*trick flossed $60.

Oh, and when is this?

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Sometime in December. Exact date is up to the cooks.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    yes!! the last time was fun.

erm...i think that was also the last time i saw miro

• no manteca? ta loca.

wish i could partake.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    IM DOWN!

I'm really hungry right now. That stuff looks mighty tasty.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Young_Phonics, do you make pupusas?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Who's in to help with filling and eating?

yummy!

• you probably don't remember but during karaoke I believe I yelled "you eat tamales made with bananas because you're too bitchmade for corn." It's probably only funny to me.

Oh, it was funny to me, too.

You also screamed something about Mexico being hell of bigger than his (parents') crappy little country.

And then P*trick flossed $60.

Oh, and when is this?

[out of lurker mode]

you're right I don't remember.

Ross:

That 60$ went to this

enjoy.

Stef:

Yeah I eat Pupusas.

[/back into lurking]

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    manute!!!!

i'm going to try to take a couple weeks off in dec. i'm definitely down to help out.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    It's goin down

be prepared to put in some work for some grub

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Invites were emailed, please RSVP ASAP. SYTD! (See you at Tamale Day.)