NYC Everything

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
possibly one of the best times i've had in new york and meeting soulstrut folks was a huge part of that - in order of appearance - jonny (good records is better than good), prof rockwell (who does rock well), eric and addie (king and queen of brooklyn), sweengod (finally! and yet time was too short), bigspliff (a short and very sweet visit - many thanks), faux rillz and coselmed (the king and queen of harlem, no, make that manhattan).i ate great food, bought amazing records, saw some good art, some some boring art, spoke with strangers, danced, partied and walked around for hours - typical great new york visit. best two lines of the trip:"they're all asswipes" (they = chelsea art people)"i know a lot of famous people" (from some kid with lord sear's crew at table 50) thank you to everyone who let me disrupt their weekends and work nights and for the hospitality, the gifts and fabulous fun. special thank you to *o***, *r** and *a*** for helping to make new york a little more green.and of course, I would love to do the same for you in Toronto anytime (but I suggest the summer).i'm sorry i missed you cosmo - next time fer shure.i saw harvey keitel at the airport on my back home - perfect ending.

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    up Miss An***** great to make your acquaintance. Short n sweet is not how I'm usually described so I'll take it!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    up Miss An***** great to make your acquaintance. Short n sweet is not how I'm usually described so I'll take it!

LOL! you're super nice- the visit was short and sweet!

• It was a pleasure! I'm sure I'll be seeing you in Toronto and I will again attempt to stay at the table... rather than under it

it's funner under the table - maybe not for the door guy at triple crown though

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    too short

It was Ant Banks, actually. Do all Oakland rappers sound the same to you?

A wonderful time. You're welcome in our city always.

And your Keitel story reminds me, I forgot to tell you, we were in front of Nick Stahl (Ben Hawkins; Carniv??le) in the customs line at Heathrow. We were both like, "we should tell him he's good." Of course, we didn't.

missbassie ain't scared to buy records, y'all.

• Options
    MissBassie is cooler than you.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    WELCOME HOME...

Did you bring me anything back?

I :heart: NYC?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Glad to see you made it back safely...It was good to finally meet you.

MissBassie is cooler than you.

it's bad circulation - it plagues a lot of women.

track listing coming soon!

Glad to see you made it back safely...It was good to finally meet you.

Definitely! And the bag for the records was a huge help - thank you so much.