new dudes: why didn't you post before?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
just wondering

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I had nothing to say

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I am thinking of deleting this thread. Sorry, this is my confession.

• just wondering

Well, since we all are such a mp3 nerds and were too busy lurking and trying to find the raerest raers from Soulseek and other p2p networks...

Yeah, right...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    just wondering
    Well, since we all are such a mp3 nerds we're busy lurking and trying to find the raerest raers from Soulseek and other p2p networks...

• Options
    Go home.

K.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I am thinking of deleting this thread. Sorry, this is my confession.

You were doing really well for a while there.

• I am thinking of deleting this thread.

this needs to be your LOCATION

(i know, i know: BAN)

• mrragzmrragz 22 Posts
    This is a great question for me because Ive been online and djn for years. When I first looked at this board, I didnt want any part of it. Ive been DJn for a while...........although I find it interesting to read a little something here and there, Im not totally caught up in the collectors frame of mind. I kinda just buy what I want from what Im feeling at the time. 1 dollar bin finds are my favorate and when I see a record I have that really valuable and im not in love with it, or I never see a near future experiance with it, I will sell it. I have recently started to post because I come on here to read very interesting things from some really well versed characters on here with some really great knowlege. Sometimes I feel I might be able to do my part and drop a gem here and there. Alot of times, I will by cheap stuff that I like for me and buy rare stuff I see while im shopping to pay for my vinyl habit. Not saying anyway is better, just telling you a little history from a new person that just started to post .

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    just wondering

Well, since we all are such a mp3 nerds and were too busy lurking and trying to find the raerest raers from Soulseek and other p2p networks...

Yeah, right...

see man, fuck this

fools like you can stay in the shadows.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    This is a great question for me because Ive been online and djn for years. When I first looked at this board, I didnt want any part of it. Ive been DJn for a while...........although I find it interesting to read a little something here and there, Im not totally caught up in the collectors frame of mind. I kinda just buy what I want from what Im feeling at the time. 1 dollar bin finds are my favorate and when I see a record I have that really valuable and im not in love with it, or I never see a near future experiance with it, I will sell it. I have recently started to post because I come on here to read very interesting things from some really well versed characters on here with some really great knowlege. Sometimes I feel I might be able to do my part and drop a gem here and there. Alot of times, I will by cheap stuff that I like for me and buy rare stuff I see while im shopping to pay for my vinyl habit. Not saying anyway is better, just telling you a little history from a new person that just started to post .

I think you were here before the great 'Album Upload Goldrush of '05', however.
    No need to code this, that's what this thread is about.

Shit even Fakeass_Nickname and Sabadababa showed up before last week.

I could care less that people want to contribute, but it has gotten a bit green around here this week. Lots of questions that can be answered on allmusic.com or with a google search, and even some accusatory posts ('Soulstrut shows no love for Latin music' WTF?)when folks haven't done their homework. And if you are still in school, don't get mad at me because you have homework to do.

• Is there something wrong with you guys if you can't see the kiddin' on that? First you start to call everyone new to be lurkers and suckers... What you expect people to answer?

• Options
    Is there something wrong with you guys if you can't see the kiddin' on that? First you start to call everyone new to be lurkers and suckers... What you expect people to answer?

If you don't go to Sampo's store and drop $200 right now, you're banned!

K in Canada.

• Is there something wrong with you guys if you can't see the kiddin' on that? First you start to call everyone new to be lurkers and suckers... What you expect people to answer?

K in Canada.

Sorry, it's closed at this hour and Sampo is digging somewhere in US at the moment

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Is there something wrong with you guys if you can't see the kiddin' on that? First you start to call everyone new to be lurkers and suckers... What you expect people to answer?

Here we go again. Wrong graemlin. That would have been

RESPECT THA GRAEMLINS!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

on the real, I wasn't tryna call dudes out. obviously a lot of dudes are showin up because they want to know what happened with the album upload thread. reading through Guzzo's thread, there are some legit possible big dudes that know a lot more about anything relevant to this board than I do.

I was just wondering why anyone would read a board a lot and never contribute. that's not a diss.

• I could care less that people want to contribute, but it has gotten a bit green around here this week.

I could care less that people want to contribute, but it has gotten a bit green around here this week.

I could care less that people want to contribute, but it has gotten a bit green around here this week.

• Options

K in Canada.
    Sorry, it's closed at this hour and Sampo is diggin somewhere in US at the moment

Ban.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

on the real, I wasn't tryna call dudes out. obviously a lot of dudes are showin up because they want to know what happened with the album upload thread. reading through Guzzo's thread, there are some legit possible big dudes that know a lot more about anything relevant to this board than I do.

I was just wondering why anyone would read a board a lot and never contribute. that's not a diss.

True, and for those who came with contributions to that thread(and there were several)and others, I have all due respect and thanks. But I just can't shake the coincidence of all these inane posts and personas popping up as if in a feeding frenzy ALL THIS WEEK. Lurk lurk lurk, but if you are just here for the downloads, take what you want and go.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    To answer the original question, I think it's a fair one. I'm only 4 or 5 messages into SS so that qualifies me as a new dude, but I was on here before the album upload thread, which I haven't totally checked out yet.

I think I haven't posted before because I didn't see anything I could add something to, just yet. What drew me in was some occasional discussions on production methods, different producer's styles, maybe even the occasional sample ID. Like there was a thread on Preemo that I thought was really interesting and it made me hunt down some of his old tracks.

There are some amazingly knowledgeable people on this board and there are others who I read for pure entertainment value. I'm basically here to educate myself and be reminded of how much incredible music is out there just waiting to be discovered.

Oh, and the other thing about SS is it's about vinyl digging in its truest essence -- I respect that, yet I'm not a digger myself, in the vinyl sense. But SS got me thinking about digging in general -- I like to think that digging is a lot bigger and broader than vinyl. My philosophy on digging is that good music is out there in the world in lots of different places, in lots of different formats, and there's so much available it's damn near infinite. (There's plenty of crap too.) I don't care whether I find a vocal hook or percussion lick or tabla fill on vinyl, cassette, CD, DVD, or on the 6 o'clock news on TV... digging to me is about keeping my eyes and ears open for sounds that excite me and inspire me to make my own tracks fresh and unique and original.

Seriously on a tangent here, but that's my word, yo.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I think its important to stay humble when you join a group. That's not to say that expressing yourself is never aloud, but I would hope you wouldn't walk into someone's house for the first time and say: gimme all your MP3s. So if you are a really new member (I still consider myself one) and are legitimately interested in joining the Soulstrut community, ride out the green and be yourself.

New dudes that understand me right now will stay on the low, check things out, and ride out the green wave. Those that are biting and leeching will get offended by this comment and react in a defensive manner.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    people still say "diggin" with a straight face?

• I think its important to stay humble when you join a group. That's not to say that expressing yourself is never aloud, but I would hope you wouldn't walk into someone's house for the first time and say: gimme all your MP3s. So if you are a really new member (I still consider myself one) and are legitimately interested in joining the Soulstrut community, ride out the green and be yourself.

New dudes that understand me right now will stay on the low, check things out, and ride out the green wave. Those that are biting and leeching will get offended by this comment and react in a defensive manner.

cO-sIGGY from another new dude...

• people still say "diggin" with a straight face?

Ok, I slipped one g from the end? Does that make me a bad person?

• dayday 9,612 Posts

• autezautez 404 Posts
    ive been posting at a steady pace since january

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    i signed up to upload an album but then that crazy thread was deleted so now i'm just kinda wondering what to do with myself and you guys seem to know lots about what i'd like to know so now i'm staying cause learning if fundamental.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i've been here for 3-4 days not sure if the ban was in effect yet..........all i know is i'm on dial up and it would take me like 2 days to even download an album on my piece of shit computer that kicks me off every couple of hours......i've been mad humble in what i've posted and like the reception i've gotten and i don't plan on going away anytime soon as i find this place to be A

plus i hate listenin to shit on cd, i love the vinyl,shit my first post was in the wants/trade section cause i want all your ill vinyl(that was a big reason i joined) i'm straight on mp3's..........and i couldn't join through my hotmail adress so i had to start a new mailbox just so i could chat with you great folks. and i did that 3-4 days ago.