Marcofunk strikes again

NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Yeah yeah I know the Marcofunk thing is old but I was crushed by Marcofunk so now I need to vent. I needed this damn LP for my DC/MD area research project, didn't think he wanted it so bad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4782554152&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Frustration ensues. Marcofuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunk!?!

Did anyone ever find out where he gets his funds from?

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

His secret benefactor:

• That APR is out of my league.

Applied Percentage Raers

• Options
    Stay away from the "Private Press" soul/funk auctions and you'll be alright.

K.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    i was looking through his past history, and saw that he won this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4776291252

what the hell is this record? (
    LATINOS It Must Be Love WORD LP)

looks so wack, but $351?

• Options
    A******,

He bids blindly on a certain description/era/genre only he can define. Ye can only be so lucky to be bid upon.

Thought about that trade? I got some heat I can throw you.

Kevin.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    dude makes me wanna put private raer soul funk jazz on every auction I make now

fug a CC bill

• Options
    Does OCean have private press "Put your hand..."? I gotta find that shit.

K.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i thought this was the most interesting item in his bid history. it reads like a spam email, but at the same time seems like a good cause, and i'm very curious to hear the music:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4771379671

• dude makes me wanna put private raer soul funk jazz on every auction I make now
    DO IT.

• marcofunk =

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

"not funky sound of 60s/70s? YOU'RE FIRED"

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    didn't think he wanted it so bad:

Dude, he didnt want it. It was rare, so he had to have it. What a dipshit.
    I am still amazed at how much he buys (and not even counting for how much money). Nobody with a job can listen to all of that shit respectively.

• Just wait for the next copy.

Watch his bidding. He doesn't know what he's looking at. $20, then $50, then $100, then $500. It's a social activity for him. Think on that...

• Options
    I had to laugh when offering him the St Vincent Latinaires he asked for one time. He replied in MARCENGLISH that he wasn't a serious collector (who drops $2000 on an album and is not a serious collectro...or $5000 a week) and that he'd take the reissue first if it sounded OK.

K.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I had to laugh when offering him the St Vincent Latinaires he asked for one time. He replied in MARCENGLISH that he wasn't a serious collector (who drops $2000 on an album and is not a serious collectro...or $5000 a week) and that he'd take the reissue first if it sounded OK.

K.

You obviously have not studied the differences between the "serious" collectro and the "great" collectro; the great collectro possesses a certain impulsive devil-may-care attitude that the serious collectro lacks and does not concern himself with such details as matrix numbers and original-vs.-reissue.

The great collectro was the kid that beat up the serious collectro on the playground.

• Options

The great collectro was the kid that beat up the serious collectro on the playground....but stayed in the same grade for 10 years.

• marcofunk is the grantgreenrecords of the new generation

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    He's been sleeping on some deals though. Everytime I'm bidding I think he's gonna beat me.

He don't know shite.

I kinda want to hit him in the head with a crow bar though.

• didn't think he wanted it so bad:

Nobody with a job can listen to all of that shit respectively.

what makes you think he actually listens to the records??

i think his "is it rrrrrreally ffffffunky" patented email is just a hoax. i don't think he does listen to the music.

he overpayed me for the love pillow lp and said that he messed up and bought it twice due to an error in his "database".

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

i think his "is it rrrrrreally ffffffunky" patented email is just a hoax. i don't think he does listen to the music.

he overpayed me for the love pillow lp and said that he messed up and bought it twice due to an error in his "database".

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    Yeah yeah I know the Marcofunk thing is old but I was crushed by Marcofunk so now I need to vent. I needed this damn LP for my DC/MD area research project, didn't think he wanted it so bad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4782554152&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Frustration ensues. Marcofuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunk!?!

i have one of these

at home if you are still interested in getting one.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I kinda want to hit him in the head with a crow bar though.

Nate, you know that would seriously take away from his bidding experience if he were sent to the hospital, and that means less fun for all of us. You wouldn't want that now, would you?

Repeat after me, the calming mantra:

sabadabada

sabadabada

sabadabada

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

sabadabada

sabadabada

sabadabada

Im starting to think copyright.

thats really funny

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

sabadabada??

sabadabada??

sabadabada??

Im starting to think copyright.

• Alert Erlon Chaves...

• COMMON GUYS !
    NOBODY KNOWS THIS DUDE !
    JUST LET HIM BID ON EVERY G***AMN RECORD HE WANTS !
    IT'S NOT OUR BUSINESS.... DO YOU GUYS ALSO FEEL BITTERED WATCHING "MTV CRIBS" ?????

it depends on the crib.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

lizard person

• NOT REDMAN'S CRIB... DID YOU SEE THAT EPISODE ! !! ???
    THAT WAS THE BOMB !