Disco Spectrum

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
So want to get one of these comps. Does anyone know if its DJ mixed or just a plain comp???Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Just the comp as far as I know. My buddy Dimitri did that, didn't he??? I think he gave me one - I'll try and track it down to be sure.

K.

• if you get them on cd they have 2 cds of unmixed tracks then one cd of mixed...but the mixes tend to be...

• Options
    I only got the records

K.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    if you get them on cd they have 2 cds of unmixed tracks then one cd of mixed...but the mixes tend to be...

How does one define a good mix? Quality of tracks? Effects thrown in? Mixing in at just the right moment?

• some mixes are good, some are bad. all of the reasons you said already factor into this.

my guy j lev has 2 ridiculous mixes out there. sound of gold volumes 6 & 7. here he picks great tracks, just the right amount of known vs. unknown tunes. mixes them smoothly, little frills basically no thrills. some mild eq-ing. he groups his tune well, couple females in a row, couple males, some instrumentals. by the end of his mixes you are left basically wanting more. that is a good mix. establish a style, implement some light mixing stylo, use a lil variety, try to leave them wanting more.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

• Options
    He still out in Vancover?

K.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I thought dimtri did a pretty decent job on the disco forever mix. A lot of work went into it w/ all the re-edits he did......Although yes, you can hear his house side trickling in on some of the mixes.

• We're talking about Dimitri from Paris, right?

Check out this killer mix of his..

I love this shit. If anybody can id any of the tracks I'd much appreciate it.

• There's three of them, all compiled by Joey Negro, none of them mixed.

The CD versions tend to have more tracks than the vinyl, which is a pain, but they're all winners otherwise. First ones my favourite.

disco spectrum I
    disco spectrum II
    disco spectrum III