Soulstrut NYC Monthly...

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited October 2005 in Announcements
Hey folks, I recently got approached to do a monthly party out here in Brooklyn, and I wanted to try a Soulstrut themed party. I got the OK from RAJ to do it, so now I'm gauging interest. I'd like to get different DJs and bands every month and get a few months booked in advance so we can hype the promotions. So, I'm calling out to all NYC/tri-state area Strutters, and any that are planning visits in the future, who'd be interested in participating. I think this could be a good thing. PM me for the details and we'll go from there.

Comments

• I think that would be dope. where in BK?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    where in BK?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    where in BK?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Hey folks,

I recently got approached to do a monthly party out here in Brooklyn, and I wanted to try a Soulstrut themed party. I got the OK from RAJ to do it, so now I'm gauging interest.

I'd like to get different DJs and bands every month and get a few months booked in advance so we can hype the promotions.

So, I'm calling out to all NYC/tri-state area Strutters, and any that are planning visits in the future, who'd be interested in participating. I think this could be a good thing.

PM me for the details and we'll go from there.

this sounds great.

i would definitely give an advance shout before a future NY trip. it'd be fun to spin some tunes at a soulstrut ice cream social.

• where in BK?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    soulstrut ice cream social.

i'd prefer a rollerskating jam.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

What's gonna happen when they tell the world that PBR actually has no alcohol?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

What's gonna happen when they tell the world that PBR actually has no alcohol?
    hipscenesters everywhere will EAT UP the irony[/b].

• where in BK?

sorry for the delay, internet was down at work today. Anyways, it's a bit out there - The Wreck Room in Bushwick. That's why I'm thinking a monthly would work better as far as having more time to hype up each month and get people out there.

They got a modest DJ setup and stage, so I was thinking it would be cool to have bands come through as well.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    that place is around the corner from me, never been out there, do know they troll craigslist to find promoter's/dj's... i'd be a little wary

• that place is around the corner from me, never been out there, do know they troll craigslist to find promoter's/dj's... i'd be a little wary

yeah, but this was a guy I know who works for them contacting me directly, so I feel a little better about that.

• bump. I know there are a shit-ton of you NYCers out there that haven't PM or emailed me yet, c'mon folks! Let's make history!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    bump. I know there are a shit-ton of you NYCers out there that haven't PM or emailed me yet, c'mon folks! Let's make history!

and i thought it was drunken idea - silly me!

• bump. I know there are a shit-ton of you NYCers out there that haven't PM or emailed me yet, c'mon folks! Let's make history!

I wasn't drunk yet that night!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    bump. I know there are a shit-ton of you NYCers out there that haven't PM or emailed me yet, c'mon folks! Let's make history!

I wasn't drunk yet that night!