CLEANING AFRICAN VINYL???

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Search function don't work for me. Wifey met someone with a shitload of OG Fela joints.He needs to have them cleaned.What do I tell him (besides come up off the goods, son?)SOAP & WATER & SOFT RAG?

Comments

• You tell him to pay me $20 to clean each group of 10 on the VPI. That shit works wonders on the African dirt.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Tell him you'll clean them REAL well and then make nice sounding CDRs of them so he can play them in his car. Tell him you'll just keep the vinyl cause he won't need it anymore now that he has em all on CD.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Dish soap and water and an uber Downy soft rag. Some rags have hard texture to them when wet for some reason. Alcohol seems too much of a gamble.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Search function don't work for me.

Wifey met someone with a shitload of OG Fela joints.

He needs to have them cleaned.

What do I tell him (besides come up off the goods, son?)

SOAP & WATER & SOFT RAG?

VPI of course would do the best job. but seeing as i've never owner own nor will i (unless powerball brings me some change), I use the following method:

aforementioned downy soft rag

roughly 80 - 85% distilled water & 15% denatured alcohol

spray and wipe.

but seriously, if there's anything in there besides fela records, i'm available to clean

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    funny coincidence, i had the same problem three years ago when i shopped in Ivory Coast. I brung back like a full crate of dopeness, including some Mandingo music. I used a trick to bring back some life...There was dirt, dust, scratches, spider webs, etc...lol. So i used the spray you usually get for computer screen. Make sure you select the spray for regular comp screen (not laptop). I used like two sprays, but it worked well for me. I even managed to play parts that was highly damaged.

PS : don't sue me if your vinyls melt. you never know who voodoo-ed it.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    i think i got this link on soulstrut before but here it is again.

http://www.teresaudio.com/haven/cleaner/cleaner.html