DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
"if you aint on the owl, you gotta throw in the towel."

-cosmo baker

sayin

soulstrut effect...

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    That Black Horizon record, in addition to being the Western Lowland gorilla of the 45 world--Gorilla gorilla gorilla = Black Horizon "Black Horizon" (Black Horizon)--is otherworldly. Some straight bad-vibe Heart Of Sogguth In Search Of shit. "That's not the night that's coming--it's the black horizon." Apocalyptic and chilling. The top-heavy mix makes it kinda hard to listen to, but the sheer mania makes it impossible to stop listening. A twelve-inch unification of the halved beast would make my cipher complete. In the meantime, Side 2 swallows UFOs whole.

All of which is just to say: Nice record, dude.

Do any of you DC/MD/VA/Wherever cats know the story with this record? The communal sound and the insistency lead me to suspect that it has some affiliation with some dimly social program for the upliftment of the young youth, but that's just a sense.

• Delay, I see you actually bought some of that stuff from M****y L**e. And looks like you raided N**l's store too. You find the Starfire in Richmond?

As far as Black Horizon is concerned, I haven't gotten around to researching them much. I used to have the 45 but accidently traded it, oh well. If anyone has info on them please let me know I need it for my research projects.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    accidently traded it

• accidently traded it

I traded it a few years back. T*m, next time you roll through the DC area let me know. Got any interesting DC items lying round?......I've got trades.

• delay....what 12"s are those? is that yellow and black one by Barrett Strong?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    delay....what 12"s are those? is that yellow and black one by Barrett Strong?
    it's ok to call me tom, patrick...

the only 12" i have that you'd be interesred in is Disk & That - "Space Walk"

kevin,

dude, i had a crazy retarded dc 45 and i called you about it. remember??? you slept hommee. i ended up selling it to aaron fuchs. if you aint on the owl...
    i might come off that starfire if you need it. covers damaged, but the wax is rill purdy. i have something else you'd go bonkers for, but it's

page me.

• Yes, I remember. We never figured out a trade and then I meant to bid on it but I had to travel and forgot to snipe. So it went to Aaron, that's too bad cause he won't appreciate it. Oh well, I'll find another eventually.

PM is on the way for the .

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Joe Marillo is not so great and he stills plays in San Diego

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    pathetique got that heat.