Hi

haze25haze25 759 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
let me jump on the band-wagon and say hi to every one here......i introduced myself in the trades/want section but of course not everyones checking over there.i'm an mc/producer/digger and fan of any good music.......personal taste is library ish, modern soul, and u.k rock......i'm 22 and live in ma.been spending way too much time here since i joined........have made some friends through trading and hope to soak up info and dispense somepeace,xavier

Comments

• Hello to you too.

I'm a (very) long lurker that was honestly intimitated by the knowledge of those on the board. Just jumping in now.

I'm a wanna be beat-maker who loves that old soul and 70's spanish rekkids (specially "Los Angeles Negroes." Moms put me onto that.)

24 years old, live in Jersey City, work in the West Village.

Hope to contribute.

-Dunn

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

I'm a (very) long lurker that was honestly intimitated by the knowledge of those on the board. Just jumping in now.

Welcome gentlemen. And Dunn, no need to feel intimidated, we are all little dudes in the grand scheme of things. So speak up!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Hello to you too.

I'm a wanna be beat-maker who loves that old soul and 70's spanish rekkids (specially "Los Angeles Negroes." Moms put me onto that.)

24 years old, live in Jersey City, work in the West Village.

Hope to contribute.

-Dunn

Dunn, this style of Spanish stuff you're into is called "romantico" and I have alot of it. PM me if you need some more stuff like that.

• another one jumping on this introduction thread. i have been reading around for some while and some of you may noticed i've started writing in some threads and i just gave a little introduction on my newbie status in the newbie thread.

iam 23, living in muenster, germany (students, bicycles, rain) and have been into music since i started learning tradional jazz drums in 1988. lateron i explored hiphop and early jazz/hiphop crossover things like jazzmatazz or us3. then got touched by funk & soul stuff (actually it was georges mc craes "i got lifted" which kicked me into it). today iam into djing, diggin and some kind of producing / music making like jazz, hiphop and in between. glad i didnt quit playing drums and still playin in a jazz quartet. :-))

we got a little little little funk scene over here and its quite hard to get in touch with people who really feel it. thanks for soulstrut. great source, a lot of knowledge, a lot of things to learn.

greetings,

maru

• Hello to all of you.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Be welcome, yall.

Welcome gentlemen. And Dunn, no need to feel intimidated, we are all little dudes in the grand scheme of things. So speak up!

Big co-sign

Peace