the "I didnt know they played that" thread

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I am checking out my recently acquired Gil e Jorge "ogum dcango" LP, I dint know Jorge Ben was such a ill ass bass player...dude is killing the telecaster bass on the 14 minute plus "Taj Mahal"...dude.

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    wow i didnt know jorge played the bass... right on.

• i don't think that's Ben on bass.
    Got the CD reissue here at work and it credits 'Wagner' on bass. (Tiso? )

my limited knowledge in portugese made me think that the wagner dude played bass on only a coule tunes, but it is beyond very possible that I have this wrong...I was going on the photos in the gatefold of Jorge playing the bass...and he is playing with a pick in the photos and the bass playing on "Taj mahal" is definitely played with a pick...but I am probably wrong, oh well.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    i don't think that's Ben on bass.

Wagner Tiso plays bass as well? I thought he was the allround keyboard/arranger wiz. Hmm.

my limited knowledge in portugese made me think that the wagner dude played bass on only a coule tunes, but it is beyond very possible that I have this wrong...I was going on the photos in the gatefold of Jorge playing the bass...and he is playing with a pick in the photos and the bass playing on "Taj mahal" is definitely played with a pick...but I am probably wrong, oh well.

oh ok, i didn't see the pictures, nor read the notes. so maybe its Ben after all.