Record Revival III Review ::: October 22, 2005

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Welcome to Record Revival III, October 22, 2005, Phila, PA.[/b]

Organizer and overall hommie Ben, "searching" for some needles for the DJ set-up.

Jeff and 3x2x slangin' raers and cheap classics for the people.

What you know about this heat? Oh, and a fruit cup.

"Yum-yum, get you some!"
Student cooks firing up veggie chili, chicken fingers, and catfish!!!

edibles + $3 Lagers (not pictured) kept everyone toasty.

Tim dog, chillin' like, "Hahaha, come to daddy..!"

Know the le(g)dge(end). The man with the golden crates that even had DJ Ca$h Money sweatin' at his table.

Stutters in' it for the camera.

DJ Mills and Ben, putting the finishing touches on the DJ booth.

DJ Mills layin' down the atmosphere.

DrewNice, doin' it in your earhole with 45s of funky soul. (Is that a Curtom label I see there?)

We live in Philly, baby...

Here's to another successful Record Revival, hopefully many more to come!

[color:#666666]* If anybody would like their picture removed, please let me know (sooner than later). [/color]

Comments

• legendlegend 124 Posts

Know the le(g)dge(end). The man with the golden crates that even had DJ Ca$h Money sweatin' at his table.

haha! u got me!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Always a good time. Keep having these, plaese!

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I thought about yall all Saturday long... looks like a good time as usual...

• How was the lighting this time around?

Got burned on some things last time, just couldn't see very well. Sorry I couldn't make it, the whip is locked up (they won't let me out)

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    How was the lighting this time around?

Got burned on some things last time, just couldn't see very well.

yeah i had the same problem with a few things i picked up looking a lot mintier there than when i got home. whatever, it was nothing i dropped a ton of coin on.

but it was a lot of fun. i got to (briefly) meet tripledouble, raj, delay and legend. (there were probably a few strutter types i missed huh?) and the fruit salad was bomb.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Tony is lookin' really cat-like in this photo.

• Tony is lookin' really cat-like in this photo.

Tony can I use this photo for my dolla bins?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Damn, I wish I was back in Atlantic City

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I was there. Shit was fun. I'm glad I didn't bring more money.

-e

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Where were the multiple PC booths for accessing the "UPLOAD ALBUM" thread??

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    How was the lighting this time around?

Got burned on some things last time, just couldn't see very well. Sorry I couldn't make it, the whip is locked up (they won't let me out)

Lighting was weak once again. I'm bringing a miner's helmet next time. I made extra special sure to inspect all vinyls because I've also been burned in the past. There was also a lot of marginally conditioned records with high price tags. I guess the producer cats don't care about surface marks?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

olivia tremor control?

• olivia tremor control?

my likeness on that record was thankfully scrambled by drew

jp- you have complete poetic liscence to grace your dollar crates with my cat face

i thought lighting was better. what chall want a sunlamp?
    we were supposed to be in the bar area downstairs like last time...that upstairs shit was a last minute situation since ben didnt do the deal sealing "drink for 5 nights" with the ukranians.

i wish i had more time to look around, but some beautiful records still came my way thanks to legend, silverback, timdog, tonyD and tonyB etc. People caught some joints that gave me the shivers. Yo some strutters laced me with some beautiful cds and tapes too! damn!!!!!!!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    my likeness on that record was thankfully scrambled by drew

Dudes act like they don't know about the Holy Grail of Philly Hobo Rap, Tone. What's the deal?