Records you THINK you own

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
This is an old complaint but I hate looking for a record I think I have...can't find it...then I start to wonder, "hmm...do I really own this?" Case in point, I could have sworn I owned a copy of the first Gangstarr Foundation EP. Like, I've seen the label scans and I was like, "yeah, I have that." But it's not in my crates...at least not where it's supposed to be. Same goes with the "Flip the Script" remix though, I suppose, in that case, maybe I really don't own it. I just hate not being for certain. It's worse knowing you don't have something you might want than thinking you might have it but can't find it. Fuck that shit.

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    the Electric Prunes I found for 1 dollar

always thought I still have it only then rememebered I gave it to a friend...

• The worst is when you have a dream that you found this insane record and then you wake up and go to look for it and then realize that it was all in your imagination.

Laaaaame.

(not that I dream about records or anything )

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    haha so true.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    This is an old complaint but I hate looking for a record I think I have...can't find it...then I start to wonder, "hmm...do I really own this?"

Case in point, I could have sworn I owned a copy of the first Gangstarr Foundation EP. Like, I've seen the label scans and I was like, "yeah, I have that." But it's not in my crates...at least not where it's supposed to be. Same goes with the "Flip the Script" remix though, I suppose, in that case, maybe I really don't own it. I just hate not being for certain. It's worse knowing you don't have something you might want than thinking you might have it but can't find it.

Fuck that shit.

Did you look in the "boring and uninspired hip hop" crate?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    sometimes it just comes down to misfiling/misplacing a record. but yeah that shit will drive you nuts.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I dream about records

• Generally I do the opposite. I DON'T think I have something and after I buy it I get home, go to file it and realize I already have it.

Damn.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    um yeah, this is when you know you really have too many records and should think about trimming down.

just sayin....

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Man, I know I have records but at this point can't even find them! So it's easier for me to just buy them again, then I know where it's at and don't have to look for it. Sad I know...........

• i could've sworn i had ahmad jamal's "plays jamal" lp for a minute. turned my shit upsidedown looking for it. still haven't found it.

• one day I coulda sworn I had Jimi Hendrix "War Heroes"...destroyed my shelves looking for it...never found it, but I remember diggin it up, maybe I just accidently left it behind...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    but I remember diggin it up, maybe I just accidently left it behind...

ugh tell me about it.

once i came home all jazzed to peep this insane 12" i'd found.. only to find it wasnt in my pile.. i hadda go back to the spot and it took me 5+ hours to dig back through the crates until i found it.. and then of course it wasnt as good as i remembered.

a few weeks back i wanted to listen to some Prefab Sprout but couldnt find my copy of the LP anywhere.. then i convinced myself id offloaded it... eventually it turned up.. went to listen to it and the first track was scratched to fuck, which is why i think i thought id thrown it out in the first place.

• Man, I know I have records but at this point can't even find them! So it's easier for me to just buy them again, then I know where it's at and don't have to look for it. Sad I know...........

Hahaha yeah I've done that too when I've needed something real quick.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    but I remember diggin it up, maybe I just accidently left it behind...

ugh tell me about it.

once i came home all jazzed to peep this insane 12" i'd found.. only to find it wasnt in my pile.. i hadda go back to the spot and it took me 5+ hours to dig back through the crates until i found it.. and then of course it wasnt as good as i remembered.

had this happen last month when Fatback and I got up early for some Flea action...found an ESG 12", got home and was going through everything....nada, zero. Could not find it in the stack.

Went back, nothing. Found out thye next week that a friend of ours found it after we left, I had set it aside and left it!!! Stupid.....

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I once thought I ordered a copy of Power Of Zeus, only to have it stolen by my brother. But I never did order it...