strange dream (RR)

portion_controlportion_control 44 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Dear Soulstrut Forum:I never thought it would happen to me, but it did. Last night, I had a wild experience. I dreamed about buying records.In the dream, I went to a huge store in a warehouse that was throwing a going out of business sale. Unfortunately, I got there on the last day of the sale, and almost everything good was gone. Nothing but Herb Albert and Xmas records as far as the eye could see--but there was also some really weird stuff, like a moog synthesizer with a n attached lamp (or really, a tape player with skittle-colored keys that had "Moog" written on it in marker and a desk light bolted onto it). The weirdest thing was back in the corner of the warehouse--a display set up for Young Jeezy brand masoleum covers. Like you could get your coffin fitted out with this platinum cover with a quote from Young Jeezy on it. I don't remember exactly what the quote was on the display model, but it rhymed "thing" with "thing". And the name on the coffin was "William J. Shakespeare". I went to grab a brouchure about these coffin cozies, and a bunch of dudes came out of another room and started chasing me, apparantly because they thought I had been trying to steal the sale merchandise--I ran like the proverbial cheetah until I woke up in a cold sweat, wild eyed with fear. I have no idea how I'm going to get to sleep tonight if this is what I have to look forward to again.Plaese to interpret.

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I dream about record shopping a lot. Usually, my girlfriend goes shopping with me. We end up in a 2nd hand store that sells furniture. I get bored and walk to a room in the back of the store. There are shelves and I will ALWAYS find records that don't even exist. But I can't buy those records, because I'm broke.

I can remember what the covers look like. It's really annoying, because I tend to take those records for real. I know what kind of music they are. Drives me nuts! It's confusing!

• Happened to me the other night.
    I dreamt that I was walking around my old hometown. I didn't have a shirt on (???) so I was getting cold. I ducked into a junk store.
    In the back, bins of records, then more records AND MORE RECORDSSSSS
    I started flipping thru the bins and the records were all commons.
    I was like, "OK, this dream sucks", and woke up.

I much preferred the dream where I went into a junk shop and found all this bizarre electronic music gear!

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    i dreamed i where on a party or some kind of meeting and "the-breaks" and "soulstrut" was there. (!) I don't know if "they" where persons or if just
    some persons of both boards where there. Anyway, i kinda negotiated with both guys/groups and they finally agreed to record a song together.
    Then my alarm woke me up. I'd really like to know the rest of that dream...

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I can clearly remember 2-3 times dreaming about buying records and comics for very very very cheap money. And there were always weird records and comics that just don't exist. Waking up and realising it was just a dream is the hardest part.