Miroslav Vitous: same album/songs, different mixes

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1129785298johmbolaya">

Both of these are the same album. Which mix out of these two do you prefer? (and reply as to why you chose one over the other)[/b]Infinite Search (Embryo SD 524)Mountain In The Clouds (Atlantic SD 1622)INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

Comments

• the non-embryo atlantic pressing has a bonus track, doesn't it? sonically, i like the embryo one. grimy.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    oh, i always thought the atlantic was just a rerelease, miroslav was involved in several cool records back then, i havent got any of these(embryo/atlantic) though, so i shouldnt even comment on this.... have a good day!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    oh, i always thought the atlantic was just a rerelease, miroslav was involved in several cool records back then, i havent got any of these(embryo/atlantic) though, so i shouldnt even comment on this.... have a good day!

I am not sure if Miroslav himself wasn't happy, or that when Embryo folded, Atlantic wanted to give the album a boost. Either way, they went into the studio to do a new mix of the album. The Atlantic one brings up the bass quite a bit.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

I am not sure if Miroslav himself wasn't happy, or that when Embryo folded, Atlantic wanted to give the album a boost. Either way, they went into the studio to do a new mix of the album. The Atlantic one brings up the bass quite a bit.

been pretty close acouple times to buying the embryo but never did, with your discribtion i probably would prefer the atlantic, even though the embryo looks much doper cover wise.... so they turned up the bass but did they also solo the drums ina spot or two, if so this album would definitely move way up my wantslist!!!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    been pretty close acouple times to buying the embryo but never did, with your discribtion i probably would prefer the atlantic, even though the embryo looks much doper cover wise.... so they turned up the bass but did they also solo the drums ina spot or two, if so this album would definitely move way up my wantslist!!!

I'm still wanting to finish my Embryo discography, which would be fairly easy since none of it is rare. I'm getting my Atlantic copy in a bit, which is why I posted it here.

I just find it interesting that Embryo was an Atlantic subsidiary, yet Atlantic were moved enough to ask for a completely different mix when they pressed it up two years later.